F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my custom MPT tunes today and immediately loaded the 93 performance race tune into my SCT Liveware and loaded it in my truck. The first time I got on it the boost was surging then the truck went into limp mode. MPT thinks it has something to do with me having an older strategy in my 2011 FX4. Had to switch back to stock for now and I am calling my dealer in the morning to see if I can get an updated strategy so MPT can update my tunes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Worked with Mike at MPT. He was able to fix the fail safe issue and now just has to work on the boost surge settings. I'm very happy with the service that MPT has provided. I'm not sure how late they normally work but he was still working on it late last night.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Worked with Mike at MPT. He was able to fix the fail safe issue and now just has to work on the boost surge settings. I'm very happy with the service that MPT has provided. I'm not sure how late they normally work but he was still working on it late last night.
Yea Mike is really good. And yea he is always working late on stuff. Customer service there is awesome

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Roger that! He's an awesome person to work with.

Reactions: LaFitte

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called my dealer and tried to ask for a pcm update citing hearing about a tsb for hard shifting. They said that there weren't any tsb's out for my truck. Not sure how else to ask without coming out and saying my current strategy doesn't jive with my custom tune.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haven't had a chance to stop by a dealership yet. Its been a crazy week at work. Mike has still been working on my tune though and the latest version he sent last night almost has it fixed. It's amazing how much more power the truck has.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
It will only cost .5 hour to 1 hr of labour to have it hooked up and flashed.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I just received my custom tunes from MPT, Hope all goes well, my truck is a 2013 FX4 newer strategy ?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I just received my custom tunes from MPT, Hope all goes well, my truck is a 2013 FX4 newer strategy ?
Gap your plugs per their instructions, and all will be well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
112 Posts
He has been working on my tune as well. I don't think that the guy sleeps. Lol. Love the tunes to. Every time that I get a notification of an email I get butterflies thinking that it is another tune to go test. Feel like a kid getting a new bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I already installed new plugs gapped to .030" per their instructions. Got the latest version late on Friday so I've been driving around on it all weekend. Feels awesome 95% of the time then every once in a while it will mess up. I was playing around with a SS Silverado on the highway last night and it kept stuttering on me when I would initially stomp on it. At this point I just need enough time to go to the dealer and get an updated strategy. I have no doubt that Mike will get it right. I can imagine how hard it is to tweak a custom tune based on what some guy in another state is telling you in an email.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I already installed new plugs gapped to .030" per their instructions. Got the latest version late on Friday so I've been driving around on it all weekend. Feels awesome 95% of the time then every once in a while it will mess up. I was playing around with a SS Silverado on the highway last night and it kept stuttering on me when I would initially stomp on it. At this point I just need enough time to go to the dealer and get an updated strategy. I have no doubt that Mike will get it right. I can imagine how hard it is to tweak a custom tune based on what some guy in another state is telling you in an email.
Or another country. Lol.
Did you try loading the stock tune back in and going for a run to see if the problem is still there?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Truck runs great on the stock tune and the canned SCT tune....just something doesn't agree with the custom tune

·
Registered
495 Posts
The dealer isnt going to provide a different strategy. Its up to the custome tuner to build the tune to work with the strategy installed in your PCM. This is whay they ask what the code sticker on the pcm is IE 3cp1 or whatever. Every custom tuned late model pcm controlled car or truck Ive ever had Ive never been asked to get a "new strategy" in the PCM they always built the tune to work with what the OEM put out. FOMOCO will instantly void your warranty if you broach such a matter with a dealer.
Don

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
So far so good with my tune, Could'nt really use the go pedal today since truck was full of tools for work, the weekend is right around the corner!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts