F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder if anyone has run into this issue. Noticed that my 2011 is leaning to the right from side to side. It is about 1 1/4” to 1 1/2” difference. Have about 86,000 on it. I don’t see anything broken or bent. Could it be a spring that is or starting to collapse? Do I have a shock that compressed and will not rebound all the way back? Could it be a sway bar issue? Just looking for input from others that have possibly experienced this issue.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Start by making sure your air pressure in the tires is even. Assuming you haven’t bent anything (from frame to shackles to control arms etc.) and there are no worn parts (control arm bushings, shackle bushings etc.) it’s all but certain a spring or leaf pack is sagging. That may mean that a leaf is broken in the rear or a coil is broken in the front. Either of these two issues should be something you can spot. Shocks don’t lift the suspension unless you’re running a spring loaded shock.

Go to the corner that is the lowest and start there. Put a jack under that corner of the truck and lift the frame for the low corner and see if that also levels the other end of of the truck. If it’s a leaf spring there are places that will re-arc or replaces leafs in your spring packs.

We used to use a company in Utah called Ideal Spring Co. They were surprisingly affordable. They of course also had complete spring packs that were pretty reasonable too. If it’s a coil upfront you may be dollars ahead to simply buy the complete coil-over packages with the shocks of your choice.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
You mean it leans right looking at front, left looking at back, aka driver side because the gastank is not even distributed. It is on the driver side of frame, thus causing the truck to lean to driver side. It drives me crazy, only helper bags would fix. It should be on the passenger side because most occupancy is just a driver.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Check for a broken spring or a snapped leaf spring. Use a good flashlight and get up under the hats on the spring. Sometimes they can break on the last few turns and its hard to see.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
You mean it leans right looking at front, left looking at back, aka driver side because the gastank is not even distributed. It is on the driver side of frame, thus causing the truck to lean to driver side. It drives me crazy, only helper bags would fix. It should be on the passenger side because most occupancy is just a driver.
I’d never even considered this as an issue for a 1.5” lean. My truck sits in a completely level garage. Full 36 gallon tank or not, I’ve never noticed a lean and I’m pretty particular. I’d know if mine did.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Air pressure is good in tires all around truck. It leans to the right. At first glance the stance of the truck would signal a flat right front tire. That’s when I just did a quick visual inspection and found nothing obviously broken or bent. Started measuring and found such a difference in height from side to side. Was just wondering if someone had this issue with leaning to the right. As the majority of the leaning complaints are to the left. Hopefully get the wheel off and get a better look at things next.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Mine sits level. With a full tank there might be a slight lean towards the driver (definitely more when I get in!) But it's not 1.5" or something that looks like Gumby driving down the road.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Some have the beds bolted on slightly crooked, compare where the front of the bed's top rail lines up to the back of the cab...mine is about 1/4" to 3/8" higher on the right (passenger's side) then the left (driver's side). I've leveled the back of the truck up with my Roadmaster Active Suspension set up so now it's not as noticeable.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
mine is 1/2 inch driver rear vs pass rear 1/2 tank last time i measure. Ill check if the 5100 help this or not
Just throwing this out there. Gas charged shocks, unlike air shocks are not intended to give the vehicle any additional lift. I’ve heard people claim they do ever since “gas charged” was available but they certainly aren’t designed to do so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wonder if anyone has run into this issue. Noticed that my 2011 is leaning to the right from side to side. It is about 1 1/4” to 1 1/2” difference. Have about 86,000 on it. I don’t see anything broken or bent. Could it be a spring that is or starting to collapse? Do I have a shock that compressed and will not rebound all the way back? Could it be a sway bar issue? Just looking for input from others that have possibly experienced this issue.
My 2011 does as well. Interesting comments but it has been like this for quite some time (i bought it new) and now has 90k. I will measure distance but suspect it also is about 1".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts