F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just was perusing CarGurus to see what similar trucks to mine were going for:

I paid ~$43k for mine i think in 2015. I wonder if prices will still be like this in the fall when I park the camper for the season :unsure:

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was offer 55K for mine 60k miles on at the time, that's what i paid for it March of '18 with 4500 miles on it, problem is I don't know what I want plus I love the truck

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
70 Posts
I’ve been looking as well, but have concluded it only makes sense if you are not replacing the truck at all, or if you replace with a car.

Truck and SUV prices are just as ridiculously high now as they trade in values, so it’s a wash.

The prospect of paying anywhere near MSRP for a domestic truck was absolutely absurd not many months ago.

Now, all the dealers I spoke with let me know that’s how deals are done these days. Some were even marking up above the MSRP! Market Correction fee! Ha!

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve been looking as well, but have concluded it only makes sense if you are not replacing the truck at all, or if you replace with a car.

Truck and SUV prices are just as ridiculously high now as they trade in values, so it’s a wash.

The prospect of paying anywhere near MSRP for a domestic truck was absolutely absurd not many months ago.

Now, all the dealers I spoke with let me know that’s how deals are done these days. Some were even marking up above the MSRP! Market Correction fee! Ha!
This. I would trade in and try to wait it out until the new prices come back to reality.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
Wow. That’s nutz !

·
Registered
113 Posts
Four and a half years ago I paid $38,300 (inc. TT&L) for an ordered '17 Sport Supercab w/ 2.7 eco. Yesterday, CarMax offered me $29,000 for it. The truck was "cherry" with zero defects and had 28900 miles. I accepted the offer.

So it cost me $9,300 for 4 1/2 years ownership. Kelley Blue Book said it was worth "trade in" of $33k. But when I checked out what CarMax had for sale, the $29k seemed very reasonable and the $33k was too high.

I ordered a 2021 Sport Supercab with more options, and under the X plan will be about $46k (inc. est. TTL). I also have $4,500 in rebates (3), which would bring it down to $42k. So the bottom line is I'm getting a new truck, with more options, for an additional $13k. That seems reasonable to me.

Down here in south Texas, used truck prices have always been (IMO) higher than my expectations. Now, they are even more so. The local mega dealer (Planet Ford), used to maintain between 1000 and 1200 F150s in stock. That sounds unreal, but I've seen them. Anyway, now they are down to just over 550 units - many being commercial types (bare XLs).

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I just rolled over 100,000 miles a couple of weeks ago. (I was on our first camping trip of the year). I only paid around $36k (tax/lic inc) for my 13 back in early 14 brand new. ($43k msrp)

No real idea what they would give me for it now, but I know the new truck prices and it's just like my house... I can sell it for a ton more than I bought it for.. But, to get even a replacement... I'd be borrowing more than I'll get for my current house! I'll have my house paid off on another 7 years. Truck has been paid off for awhile.

Anyway, even my beer has gone up in price, so there you go!

Mitch

Reactions: dbc and ndtguy

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
It's not just trucks, between inflation and limited supply from the pandemic, it's going to get a whole lot worse soon. Hopefully supplies return to normal and stabilize things. If you want a laugh, go look at lumber prices.

Reactions: Tim_M

·
Registered
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Screw 5.5' | 3.5 Eco | 4x4 3.55 Max Tow | 33's, Edge CS2, Kicker PowerStage
70 Posts
Ugh. I’ve been putting off a deck and fence job until lumber prices correct.

Dug a little deeper with my research this weekend and experts don’t expect it to return to pre-pandemic levels ever, and certainly no relief until late 2023 at the earliest, seems to be the consensus.

So I guess, no time like the present to blow money! Just have to decide what on …

·
Administrator
11,281 Posts
I don't know why they would,as people have continued paying there elevated prices. We never slowed down in the lumber industry. Actually we've been busier than ever.

We're just now slowing down a little bit, but more because of supply issues from our mills.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Yeah it sucks when prices go up. As long as it sells, it will never come down. It just gets cooked in as the new normal. Get yourself a new truck before it costs 100K!

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bet truck prices come down. Its such a hyper competitive market between ram, gm, and Ford that they will have to battle with incentives.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
I bet truck prices come down. Its such a hyper competitive market between ram, gm, and Ford that they will have to battle with incentives.
Yep. I agree. It will come down.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
622 Posts
No offense to Toyota owners out there, but I could never drive a car that says TURD on it. 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: EcoBoob

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
I will take $30000.00 for mine today.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
I would be putting 30000 down on a new F350 Supercab 4x4 with 7.3 and 4.30 axles. Lariat with all the stuff except FX4.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Prices are stupid right now. I was offered 35k for my 14 Limited with 66k on the clock. I bought it 2 years ago for 29k with 35k on the clock. Prices are stupid. 21 FX4 with cloth seats for 49k...... get bent. I'm not paying 50 for cloth seats.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
622 Posts
I’m tempted to sell mine for 35k and buy a WRX, but I’m a truck guy. Maybe sometime soon I’ll pick up a WRX to work on.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m tempted to sell mine for 35k and buy a WRX, but I’m a truck guy. Maybe sometime soon I’ll pick up a WRX to work on.
What year are you thinking?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts