F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so the fisrt code was PO0299 Turbocharger under boost
the second was PO050E cold start exhaust temperature out of range.
Any one had either of these?
i was in manual mood it was in 6th gear cause i had just gotten off the interstate i was doing about 45 and went to acclerate to 60 got to about 55 and the check engine light came. i am running a Edge CTS prgrammer i was in performance mood.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I don't know if I would go to the dealer yet, unless you can replicate it.

It may have been because you were in manual mode and your rpms were too low (45mph in 6th must be close to only 1,000 rpms) and you had too heavy a load while you were accelerating.

Had you not been in manual, it probably would have downshifted. That is why I suspect it was the way you were driving at that moment that caused the code. Try getting yourself as close to the same conditions (temperature, engine running time, and possibly location) and see if you can cause the code to reoccur. Then you have a better chance of idenifying why it's happening.

(Then retry it in Drive and see if it doesn't occur).

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I've gotten the PO50E a couple times.
I never did figure it out...only thing I could determine was that I had not given the truck time to warm up before I drove it for a couple miles and then shut it down....

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I was a little worried.
the exhaust gas one didnt really make sense to me i had let it run for alomst 10 minutes before i drove it and it had drive 18 miles before both lights came on so it had been about 35 minutes it had been running.
I will try the same situation for this again when i drive to work next.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I've gotten the PO50E a couple times.
I never did figure it out...only thing I could determine was that I had not given the truck time to warm up before I drove it for a couple miles and then shut it down....
Sct canned tunes also gave me P0 50E code

1 - 6 of 6 Posts