F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bruno Massel and Matt Steele on Truck U just did a segment on upgrading a FX2. Unfortunately I got in on the second half but will be looking forward to the next rerun of the same segment. Sounds like they did turbo, intake and SCT Tuner upgrades along with some killer wheels and tires. Definately worth a second look.

Anybody else see it?

They usually rerun same shows Sunday morning so I've set my DVR...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nice! Something to watch when I get off work in the morning! Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
That's sweet I really want to know what they upgraded on the turbos!!!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I must have missed the set button or sumpthing... But reset for tomorrow afternoon... :(

·
Registered
860 Posts
haha I watched it too and it got me wanting to upgrade the turbos. I wonder how much that runs? How much work do you think there is involved with removing the stock turbos?

All in all it was a good show and got me even more excited about my truck :)

That's sweet I really want to know what they upgraded on the turbos!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I wasn't to impressed with the show:( I liked the exhaust they put on it 3". It looked sweet and it discussed how it does away with the drone sound people are concerned about with after market exhausts. It used a cross over muffler(cool) and I liked the way it split to duals at the back end.:cool: But they never started it to get any sound bytes! I liked how they brought in a guy from SCT and talked about the Livewire tuner(which is the one I'm getting):cool: But again they never showed how to install it on the truck or program it or how to run the wires so there hidden.:confused:. I liked the turbo tutorial as well. They changed the impellor from a six fin too a seven fin and redone the seals and tolerance's. but they never went through how to take them off or anything.I don't believe they even installed the tuner or touched the turbos. They did tell you what is available in the aftermarket though. Also they did't discuss intakes at all. All in all I found the show had some good ideas but no substance for the do it yourselfer. The show after that one (can't remember the name) was pretty corny but they were putting a cowl induction hood on an F150! Nice looking hood!:cool: What did all you out there think? Maybe I was expecting to much....Wife says thats my biggest problem.lol

·
Registered
589 Posts
Wow! I didn't catch the show but if it was all show n no go that is a bum deal. I can see the validation in the disappointment... It's interesting about the 7 fins over 6 what did they say was the advantage, if at all? Would of been nice of them, to do a install, Dyno run, and road test.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow! I didn't catch the show but if it was all show n no go that is a bum deal. I can see the validation in the disappointment... It's interesting about the 7 fins over 6 what did they say was the advantage, if at all? Would of been nice of them, to do a install, Dyno run, and road test.
They said it would help them spool up quicker. Also I believe the pitch was different to throw more volume. It was a good education for sure. All they showed for hands on was the exhaust install. I still like my 4" heartthrob though..I don't mind the "drone" sound it has but maybe it's because I also love the Sony "media center" sound system. I just wish they would have showed an install of the SCT livewire tuner,since thats the unit I'm getting for my rig. I don't mind the look of it(left side of dash) just above air vent. It tucks in there nicely. lots of live information on it ie: boost gauge intake temps and warnings when things are getting too hot and such. I just wonder how or where to run the wire. (stage3motorsports sent a pic of it)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
6 Participants
AK-KingBoost
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing