F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put my truck on the scales today just for fun. Looks like she tops out at 6080lbs. This is with 100% fuel (36 gal.) and no driver. I also have a toolbox which i'm estimating to weigh 100-120lbs.

Truck Weight.jpg

·
Registered
860 Posts
Cool! Thanks for sharing.. It's amazing a truck that weights that much can tow over 10,000 pounds..lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
One thing I've been wanting to do is to weigh my trailer when it's fully loaded, and I've been wondering how I can do that. Could I just pull into one of those weighing stations that you see on the interstate where trucks pull in? Will I have to unhook the trailer? How much does it cost?

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not too sure, but there may be a truck stop with scales. You could also call a moving company in your area and see if they have or know where a scale is. Would need to be a larger Interstate mover - they're required to get an empty tare and then loaded weight prior to moving stuff.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing I've been wanting to do is to weigh my trailer when it's fully loaded, and I've been wondering how I can do that. Could I just pull into one of those weighing stations that you see on the interstate where trucks pull in? Will I have to unhook the trailer? How much does it cost?

Yes that's exactly what I did, just pulled into a truck stop, got on the scale like the big boys, $10 later I had the weight. Very simple straight forward process.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks MATTWAYNE07.....I was going to do the same. We have the same truck with the exception of that I have 3.55's. Can't believe that mine would be that much different. I don't have a tool box, so I will go with 6000 give or take a few pounds. We will be towing our behind our motorhome which has a 6K tow bar rating and 10K hitch rating on the rig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
2Canches
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing