F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
They sure are. If I could a 2017 Ranger would sit in my parking space but the Ranger caught up especially compared to a RCSB which is my choice. My F150 is shorter in length and weighs less at a scaled 4100 pounds.

My old RedTruck RCSB manual trans/transfer/hubs 3.0 Gibson exhaust, Duff 3 inch twin shock suspension LS front locker rear, MT 31.5 on Bassett 8-15 wheels.

My F150 still a viable "smaller" truck, sure is faster! KM

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
I think a lot of that has to do with pedestrian impact requirements and cooling. The hoods are taller because of both of those things.

When i was looking to replace my Jeep last winter the wife and I were almost dead set on a first gen Sequoia. After test driving 3 of them, we thought they were small, like a mid sized. Nope. They within an inch or so of my 2014 F150 in width. They just look smaller because the hoods are lower and the bodies are more sculpted. It also only has to cool a 270 hp V8. The reality was the truck has the same footprint as a modern half ton or Tahoe.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Yup, sure is funny how the Aussies get turbo diesel V8s. In their midsize Utes or SUVs...

Reactions: Arkansas Eco
1 - 4 of 4 Posts