F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Driving the EcoBoost-powered F-150 was an absolute blast. It's hard to complain about a four-wheel-drive truck that hits 60 mph from a stop in 6.6 seconds, and as mentioned, we took every opportunity to recreate that track performance -- getting on the freeway, when passing slower traffic, or just for fun. The Lariat's cabin provided almost everything you could want. The seats were comfortable, and there may be no roomier crew cab's second row in the ½-ton segment. Sync and the nav system were both incredibly easy to use; this system, the year before Ford began using MyFord Touch, was highly intuitive.

Read more: 2012 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4 EcoBoost Long-Term Verdict - Truck Trend

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I like what I see!

SPPD

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Damn, that's the green color I was looking for ... but it was no where to be found when I bought my truck.

I wanted it because if a "tree hugger" complained about "carbon footprint" ... I wanted to say "ECOboost ... as in ECOlogy. It's so "green" even the truck is "green". And then I was going to give him a footprint up his butt.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I'm glad it wasn't just another article about how the MPG rating is a lie. It is not a lie and if you drive like a civilized human being the economy is right on par with FoMoCo's ratings. Crack that long term test up as a win in our books boys!

P.s. If you find a decent human being to drive my truck around without being a completely hooligan my fuel budget would greatly appreciate it!!! (its no fun that way though)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Actually that was a very acurate article. Well written and totally without bias. The Eco Boost F150 has really put Ford on the map. They always sold a lot of trucks, the most actually but with the eco boost option they have greatly increased the sales. As a matter of fact I saw on Fox News the other day that every 3 minutes and 30 seconds a F150 is sold somewhere in the world. I don't know if you noticed but Toyota used to say the Camry was the largest selling vehicle in the world. Not any more......because of the F150, which is the largest selling VEHICLE in the world now Toyota says Camry is the largest selling CAR in the world!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Damn, that's the green color I was looking for ... but it was no where to be found when I bought my truck.

I wanted it because if a "tree hugger" complained about "carbon footprint" ... I wanted to say "ECOboost ... as in ECOlogy. It's so "green" even the truck is "green". And then I was going to give him a footprint up his butt.
I cant lie... the color is amazing!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Actually that was a very acurate article. Well written and totally without bias. The Eco Boost F150 has really put Ford on the map. They always sold a lot of trucks, the most actually but with the eco boost option they have greatly increased the sales. As a matter of fact I saw on Fox News the other day that every 3 minutes and 30 seconds a F150 is sold somewhere in the world. I don't know if you noticed but Toyota used to say the Camry was the largest selling vehicle in the world. Not any more......because of the F150, which is the largest selling VEHICLE in the world now Toyota says Camry is the largest selling CAR in the world!
power to the truck owners! We are taking over!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts