F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah i have the same problem with my seats and same thing parts are back ordered, i laid into the service rep a little, WTF you don't have these in stock yet you just said it's a common problem and has a TSB out on it, they want me to come back AGAIN and drop it off for a day, get someone to pick me up and then drop me off, i love my truck but it been in the shop a total of 13 days and it just hit 36K, and now i got a loud grinding noise up front and it trying to engage the 4x4, sometimes it's hard to believe i have a BUILT FORD TOUGH TRUCK
Hey dash, do you have a quote on the seat module replace cost? Also for your 4x4, what is the dial for the 4x4 set to when you hear that noise? And is your electronic locking rear diff turned off (pushed in) ? I hear that noise if i have my locking diff on in 4wd and i'm not on dirt or snow.

·
Registered
121 Posts
So I came to this site to post about this noise in my engine bay (2014 Ford F150 XLT) and the first post I see is cold start rattle / timing belt. Im no mechanic, can someone confirm this is the issue that I am hearing? I've attached a video of a cold start with the noise ... this happens randomly a few times a month on a cold start. Let me know,, much appreciated!
Yes this is definitely the cam phaser issue.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey dash, do you have a quote on the seat module replace cost? Also for your 4x4, what is the dial for the 4x4 set to when you hear that noise? And is your electronic locking rear diff turned off (pushed in) ? I hear that noise if i have my locking diff on in 4wd and i'm not on dirt or snow.
no i don't they replaced all the connections on the seats under warranty, mine was in 2wd going down the hwy i would hear it, FE tanked, and it seemed like it was working harder temps were higher, the replaced the driver's side IWE and it kept doing it so i goggled it and end up replacing the check valve and the solenoid under the hood on the drivers side right buy the brake booster

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 month in on a CPO f150... getting the cold start rattle. Should I bring it in, or wait? New TSB out on it says that there will be an update late q4 as indicated earlier in the thread. Here is the number: SSM 48272

Thoughts? Can try to get a video of the rattle in the morning.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts