F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 5 Star tune and I'm trying to set up gauges but don't remember which is which for pre/post intercooler.
I have: Air Charge Temp and CAC Temp

I think it is
Air Charge = Pre
CAC Temp = Post

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
IDK the answer but the pre-CAC temp would be an estimate done by the PCM based on the pressure ratio and the turbo efficiency parameters.

Reactions: Scott91370

·
Banned
332 Posts
IDK the answer but the pre-CAC temp would be an estimate done by the PCM based on the pressure ratio and the turbo efficiency parameters.
There are intake temp sensors, one right after the air box before the turbos, one in the tip sensor, and one in the map sensor.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
I noticed on the livelink list, CAC temp is only availble in Celcius. I've chosen IAT2 which reads out in farenheit.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
There are intake temp sensors, one right after the air box before the turbos, one in the tip sensor, and one in the map sensor.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Right but between the turbo and CAC is an estimate.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But which is which and are there other sensors that would be more accurate in an SCT x4?
I don't 'need' perfection but I would like to have pretty close.

·
Premium Member
8,031 Posts
I take it that the Ford pids aren't redundant between an Ngauge and an SCT device? I would have thought that the scan would result in a total inventory of what is available and that only the "label" for each might differ between platforms.

On the Ngauge you have IAT1 IAT2 CACt

3 different sensors and 3 locations between fresh air intake (coolest temp) and intake manifold just before combustion chamber (most heated).

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scott91370

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the confusion is because of the names that show on the display versus what the description is listed in the software (LiveLink)
Display -------------- Description
Air Charge Temp ---- Inlet Air Temp
CAC Temp ---------- Charge Air Cooler Temp (Post Intercooler)

Some are also listed as PID and some as DMR. I don't know the difference.

I take it that the Ford pids aren't redundant between an Ngauge and an SCT device? I would have thought that the scan would result in a total inventory of what is available and that only the "label" for each might differ between platforms.

On the Ngauge you have IAT1 IAT2 CACt

3 different sensors and 3 locations between fresh air intake (coolest temp) and intake manifold just before combustion chamber (most heated).
After some searching I found how to create my own file to include the items I want to datalog.

I do see two listed as intake air temp, one listed at Intake Air Temp 2 and the last is CAC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts