F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please break it down for me.

I was thinking of going with livernois but seems
SCT is a better option since I'm down the street from full race.

I read about Ssi T4 tune in another thread

Is Ssi the tuner, flashing on the SCT device?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Livernois uses the proprietary MyCal so they would be your only option for tunes with that device. Dozens of tuners use the SCT device giving you a lot of options. Just to name a few: 5 Star, SSI, MPT, Unleashed, AED.
The SCT 3015 SF3 and the SCT Livewire come with 3 canned SCT tunes (87 Street/Tow, 91 Perf and 93 Perf) and can hold up to 10 custom tunes. Since I have played with several of them, I have 5 tunes from SSI, 3 from 5 Star and 2 from MPT on mine. I gave a review of 5 different tuners in a recent thread on deciding what tune to use.
http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/1...-currently-looking-tune-but-can-t-decide.html

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, SSI tunes are loaded via an SCT device. SCT is really a better way to go since you have multiple tuning choices with SCT. SSI, MPT, 5*, Unleashed, etc. You can buy the SCT device from SSI and it comes with 3 tunes, and sometimes, Shawn will throw in another for free. A win, win!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So can the custom tunes be switched without emailing the tuner? I keep reading people having to email the tuner for new maps.

·
Registered
507 Posts
You would only need to email the tuner if tou need a revision or if something is wrong with the tune. If they are all good you just plug in the tuner and choose the tune from your list that you want to run. Easy as that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Livernois uses the proprietary MyCal so they would be your only option for tunes with that device. Dozens of tuners use the SCT device giving you a lot of options. Just to name a few: 5 Star, SSI, MPT, Unleashed, AED.
The SCT 3015 SF3 and the SCT Livewire come with 3 canned SCT tunes (87 Street/Tow, 91 Perf and 93 Perf) and can hold up to 10 custom tunes. Since I have played with several of them, I have 5 tunes from SSI, 3 from 5 Star and 2 from MPT on mine. I gave a review of 5 different tuners in a recent thread on deciding what tune to use.
http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/1...-currently-looking-tune-but-can-t-decide.html
Where are you in VT? I'm moving to burlington in a month...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Where are you in VT? I'm moving to burlington in a month...
North central Vermont between Jeffersonville and Hardwick.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you were to compare an EcoBoost truck’s PCM code to that of a ’96 Mustang, you’d find the size of all the data in the Ecoboost computer is at least 20 times that of what was in those first Mustangs with OBD-II

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
If you were to compare an EcoBoost truck’s PCM code to that of a ’96 Mustang, you’d find the size of all the data in the Ecoboost computer is at least 20 times that of what was in those first Mustangs with OBD-II
And the processor is probably much newer and faster. The original OBD II systems from the mid 90s were mostly 16 bit. I would guess that the new PCMs must be "at least" 32 bit (if not 64 bit) and much faster.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
And the processor is probably much newer and faster. The original OBD II systems from the mid 90s were mostly 16 bit. I would guess that the new PCMs must be "at least" 32 bit (if not 64 bit) and much faster.
32bit. No point in using a 64bit processor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts