F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of the tune that will put you in the mid 13's without any other mods.. Trying to find out what a guy around me is using in his truck to post that kind of time, with no other mods done...

Any feedback on some good company's will be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
507 Posts
I am an SSi tuned truck. 13.41 tune only. SSi does have a rocky reputation but myself and others have been working very hard to change that. The latest revision of tunes are very powerfull, excellent driveability, and safe. I stand by them.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Let tuned here!

Sent From Louisiana East Texas

·
Registered
914 Posts
I think there are many few tunes/tuners that will yield similar numbers. I don't want to say we've reached a plateau or anything.. MPT, SSI, Ecoinjection, Unleashed, so on, can all write fast powerful tunes that realistically will run within a few tenths of each other in the 1/4 mile. You need to do your research and see what tune/tuner fits your needs, and what driving manners you want. I personally have only ran 2 different tunes, SSI Trex and Ecoinjection Xtreme 93. I don't have any numbers but it would bet that they are very close in in power and 1/4 mile times. The difference is the Trex is extremely touchy and almost difficult to drive around town and wouldn't evem think about driving it in the snow. Also it spikes to 22 psi of boost. The Ecoinjection is very well mannered. In fact, just putting around town it feels just like stock. At WOT the power is strong and smooth and the best part, it makes I think slightly more power at only 17psi of boost. I have MPT performance/race 93 v12 I'm going to try tomorrow. Basically you need to get some feedback and try a few different tunes until you find which one is best for you.

·
Registered
280 Posts
we are at a bit of a Plateau. You can add all the supporting mods you'd like, but until fueling is sorted out....the difference between tuned and fully bolted trucks aren't that great. until fueling....then, i'd buy into some tire stocks :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
I ran SSI tunes, got tired of all the BS that was going on, and just flat out didn't like the customer service, and a couple of the things I found out about how the "tunes" were being written/sent out to me that "looked aggressive but good" and I will just leave it at that since it's against some internet law to warn/tell other people about problems/bad experiences before their $ is wasted. I run a LET tune now and feel LOTS better about the tune.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I ran SSI tunes, got tired of all the BS that was going on, and just flat out didn't like the customer service, and a couple of the things I found out about how the "tunes" were being written/sent out to me that "looked aggressive but good" and I will just leave it at that since it's against some internet law to warn/tell other people about problems/bad experiences before their $ is wasted. I run a LET tune now and feel LOTS better about the tune.
Same boat here man, don't feel bad. I was told everyone else had Kool - aid and I was eating steaks and eggs... ummm sorry not so!

As alot of us figured out there is much better out there and the best part of all No DRAMA!

MPT tuned....Kings of the Street!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Zero issues or drama with MPT here!
Same here, I really like MPT. I hated when I would visit the SSI forums all they did was say stupid childish vulgar comments. The Jesus cartoon by Shawn showing a drunk "Paul" really was the turning point for me personally. The beauty is he has right to do what he wants and we as customer have the right to not visit them or buy from them. I wasted money on his tunes and regret that I did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another vote for SSi here. I recently purchased some 91 Octane tunes (junk gas in Oklahoma) from Shawn and I couldn't be happier. I read about much of the drama that occurred in the past so was a little leery of getting them a shot, but man am I glad I did! My main DD tune is the SSi2TS291Octane and it is simply fantastic. Linear, easily controllable power off the line, great power at every RPM, great top end, and shifting that to me is very similar to a BMW Steptronic. I'm not here to bash anyone else, but I will say that the SSi tune I got was so much better than the custom tuning I had previously from a very reputable tuner, it is simply ridiculous. The max power on between the two may be similar, but the power, smoothness, and transmission tuning of the SSi are so much better at every other point of the tach there simply is no comparison. I can't say they are the best because I have not tried every other tuner in existence, but I can say that I can't imagine anything better and don't feel any need to look.

As for drama or customer service concerns, I had a receipt for my purchase while still on the phone, received my tunes in less than an hour, and when I called for revisions, Shawn picked right up and again had a tune in my inbox in less than an hour. That sure exceeded my expectations especially after 3 and 5 business day waits from the other company I have tunes from! There may have been drama and / or issues in the past but in my humble opinion, not trying out the current Shawn and SSi because of such things will lead to really missing out on some fantastic tunes!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts