F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok after readin about all this tuning stuff I'm thinkin about gettin a tuner. Thinkin about a sct of some sort or maybe somethin touch screen.
Now tune wise I'm a noob I can do any bolt on stuff even a cam swap if I had all the tools and a second vehicle but as for tunes I don't know anything. I'm figuring on either just a canned tune or maybe mpt, livernois, and I've been reading about unleashed on here. I'd like to hear some ideas I already know I'm stayin away from ssi but I need opinions

·
Registered
427 Posts
I can't speak about livernois or unleashed but mpt has some good tunes. They are easy to deal with and willing to talk to you anytime. I had about a hour long convo with mike earlier today ( which is the guy from mpt that has wrote all my tunes from them ) about knock and knock sensors.

Reactions: Ecofx86

·
Registered
674 Posts
I've got unleashed, LMS and MPT. Each has a different feel. To me, the MPT tune takes 1st of the three daily drive tunes I have. All the motor blowing talk has me scared to run my unleashed race tune lol

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I'm wantin is a gas Savin tune a tow tune for when I pull the pontoon and a performance tune so when my buddy wants to run me in his diesel I can smoke him

·
Registered
868 Posts
when you look at the MPT tunes then you really get confused because they offer 3 stages and options to chill
tough decisions !

·
Registered
674 Posts
6.0 takes some doing to get faster than a tuned Ecoboost. Injectors size, turbo size, trans work? I think an MPT tune, 93perf stage2 with whatever shifting style you prefer.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
6.0 takes some doing to get faster than a tuned Ecoboost. Injectors size, turbo size, trans work? I think an MPT tune, 93perf stage2 with whatever shifting style you prefer.
LOL..

The white Super Duty that wanted to race me last October was running 12.18 @ 114mph. Never did see him again to talk with him. He was head hunting me by having people go around him. :)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I'd love to find someone local to swap wheel and tires. Be interested to see what 18's would do. Plus these LT rated tires don't help any either. :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
All I'm wantin is a gas Savin tune a tow tune for when I pull the pontoon and a performance tune so when my buddy wants to run me in his diesel I can smoke him
Almost all reviews I've read of gas saving tunes say they didn't save enough gas to want to keep running a tune that reduced power. Plus, some performance tunes get better fuel mileage if you stay out of the pedal.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Almost all reviews I've read of gas saving tunes say they didn't save enough gas to want to keep running a tune that reduced power. Plus, some performance tunes get better fuel mileage if you stay out of the pedal.
Very true.

·
Registered
427 Posts
MPT gives you a few tunes if you buy the tuner from them.
This is true. Same price you'll get it without any tunes so you might as well get 3 free mpt tunes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts