F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone make a turbo boost gauge that plugs into your obd II? new guy here I don't even know if the turbos are working I am use to the old diesels I could see the boost and hear them

·
Registered
1,529 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well my 2011's are quiet! I can hear a little whine sometimes when I have the windows down. Also there is almost no lag which is awsome. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Mine is tuned and I can hear mine very clearly with windows up or down. Even over the tires humming...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome, mine is tuned and I have an AFE Stage 2 CAI as well if you want to hear them scream thats the way to achieve it... No boost gauge needed lol.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Those gauges are pretty slick. How do they mount and how are they powered?
They are powered from the OBDII port. You can mount them in a pillar pod, or in the AC vent. Pretty much any standard gauge mount will work.

SPPD

·
Registered
182 Posts
I run tq pro app on a droid device ($5.00 app) and an OBD2 bluetooth dongle...you can clear codes and select a custom gauge layout (ie: boost/afr/timing/exhaust temps, etc.).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Its really not complicated to run a boost gauge setup, the only problem I had was finding a 12v accessory source that turned on with ignition, which I used #38 in the passenger side fuse box. I run a Roush Mechanical gauge and vent pod.

ForumRunner_20130716_041930.jpg

ForumRunner_20130716_041943.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts