F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hope someone can help.
I have a 2013 F150, and I have noticed in the last few weeks that I haven't heard the usually turbo wind-up that comes with the start up in the morning. So it has me now listening more and noticing things. My mileage has really gotten bad, and the performance has really dropped also, just no punch. Not blowing any blue or black smoke on start up or while driving. No check engine light, and it has been scanned with no indication of anything wrong. Could it be just a sticky valve somewhere? Makes me wonder if this has been happening longer, but has me worried that the turbo just died.
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Yeah i believe the noise may actually be the bov and not the turbos

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Hi all, hope someone can help.
I have a 2013 F150, and I have noticed in the last few weeks that I haven't heard the usually turbo wind-up that comes with the start up in the morning. So it has me now listening more and noticing things. My mileage has really gotten bad, and the performance has really dropped also, just no punch. Not blowing any blue or black smoke on start up or while driving. No check engine light, and it has been scanned with no indication of anything wrong. Could it be just a sticky valve somewhere? Makes me wonder if this has been happening longer, but has me worried that the turbo just died.
Thanks for any info.
Any update?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced the BOV and it it looks like it fixed my turbo/boost issue. But still don’t have that distinct spooling sound on start up still. Maybe my imagination.

·
Registered
795 Posts
That spooling seems to come and go on many of our trucks. Does it on mine even. I've had a bad turbo, and you'd know if you had a bad one lol. I've also had the blown "recirc" valve. Much less of an issue, but still a nice performance bump getting it fixed.

No sense sweating the spool up noise on start up. Glad you got it fixed, and thanks for updating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts