F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2015 Lariat, 3.5L ecoboost. Been very problematic. Currently, I always get a check engine line and P0234 code under very heavy acceleration. Every day when I merge onto the expressway on the way to and from work. Is this a wastegate issue or a BOB issue? If it is a wastegate issue, is it the actuator and can it be replaced? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Do you have any mods done to the truck? Is it tuned? When the last time youve done a tune up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Straight stock. No mods. Started one week after I had a mechanic change the exhaust manifolds due to warping and back stud broke.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Straight stock. No mods. Started one week after I had a mechanic change the exhaust manifolds due to warping and back stud broke.
I dont think this would be a BOV issue. The BOV shouldnt be activating under load.

My guess is they might have screwed up ome of the actuators when they pulled the turbo, and yes it can be replaced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I have a 2015 Lariat, 3.5L ecoboost. Been very problematic. Currently, I always get a check engine line and P0234 code under very heavy acceleration. Every day when I merge onto the expressway on the way to and from work. Is this a wastegate issue or a BOB issue? If it is a wastegate issue, is it the actuator and can it be replaced? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had those codes and found some great answers on YouTube, something must have gotten disturbed on your waste gate during the manifold fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts