F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
We developed a set for the F-150 2.7L late last year.
View attachment 134145

Development of 2.7L Performance Billet Wheels
Release of 2.7L Performance Billet Wheels

Lots in stock if you decide to add a little pep, they incorporate a performance blade layout with increased height and an aggressive extended tip.

Thank you,

Andrew C @ CR Performance Engineering Inc.
Any real world data on results, ie like the comment above. direct drop in dosen't seem to fit the bill for what id like to see ( drop the tq curve a little and pick up on the other side.)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello Platinum WOLF,

Thank you for your interest.

We have performance billet wheel sets for both 2011-2012 & 2013-2016

We also offer fully balanced assemblies for installation. So you can rebuild properly at home.

F150 3.5L ECOBOOST PERFORMANCE UPGRADE BILLET WHEELS & ROTATING ASM SET 2011-2012

F150 3.5L ECOBOOST PERFORMANCE UPGRADE BILLET WHEELS & ROTATING ASM SET 2013-2016

We also have a very popular Set for Flex & SHO for those non F150 guys and gals, and if we do not have it we can develop it.

Thank you!

@crpengineering are y’all making them for the first gen 3.5 eco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello Purpfox,

The response you described above is more similar to the effect of larger A/R ratios or increase in turbine flow, as this shifts the efficiency islands higher in flow and RPM. This yields more performance in the top end.

A performance billet wheel adds modern technology yielding gains through the entire operating range. In a OEM profile there are truly no downsides asides cost. This is proven in the industry and I have seen the results on many applications.

Increased blade height increases your flow at a lower turbo RPM (A good analogy is to think of this as a larger prop on a boat, it can push on more water sooner and get you going faster.)

Increased extended tip is additional velocity, this means higher pressures at the same RPM can be developed. This added velocity is also a gain in surge margin, as the higher your exducer velocities the less chance for reverse flow to occur, otherwise known as surge.

Overall our OEM profile performance wheels incorporate the following.

More Aggressive Modern Extended Tip Technology - Increasing capable boost pressures and increasing surge margin, therefore reducing surge.
High Flow Design - Slim hub/nose design and advanced blade design provides a higher flow at compressor choke and through the entire operating range. Higher blade heights give proven higher performance.
Fast Spool Times - Same Weight as stock, with higher blade heights
Stock Housing Fitment - No compressor housing modifications required.
Higher Performance Modern Design - Out performs stock with a larger extended tip Exducer and the higher blade height over stock.

We also do custom compressor wheels.

And coming soon in Summer 2018 we will begin to offer performance turbo upgrades machined in house, as we have recently acquired a new Haas CNC just for this purpose.
(Hint to all members send me your wish list)

As for data, Unfortunately we are too small of an operation at this time to purchase every platform we develop turbo upgrades for. We are currently a product development engineering company with a background in automotive and turbocharging, with this knowledge we have focused on turbocharger systems.

We just don't have the volume of sales on these types of components yet to support purchase or rental of the platform, install, dyno time for multiple runs to provide a true engineering test on each setup, uninstall etc. But we hope to be there some day soon.

On a larger budget project such as our Performance Manifolds we can spend $2000-$5000 on install test and Dyno. However for Performance Billet Wheels such as these we put all our passion and engineering into them, but need enthusiasts like yourself to team up with us to test.

If you have further questions please just let me know, Ill do my best to answer them.

Thank you!

Any real world data on results, ie like the comment above. direct drop in dosen't seem to fit the bill for what id like to see ( drop the tq curve a little and pick up on the other side.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just registered on here and have no idea where to actually post, so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong spot. My fiance has a 2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost and it has had quite the amount of problems recently, I'm honestly wondering if the mechanic (one that does all the work for the dealership he bought it from) is actually causing more things to break... First, he replaced his turbos. About three months later the timing went and he replaced all necessary parts that went along with that. When he recieved it back it kind of sounded similar to an airplane and he brought it back to the auto place to have it looked at again. They assured him that's how it should sound. Now, about three weeks-month later, we were pulling a small trailer last night and the truck just out of nowhere it said "oil pressure low" and the truck shut off. We coasted to the nearest exit and pulled over. The truck will not start, it won't turn over. It does make a click noise when you try to turn the key, but that's it. Had to get it towed and have someone come get us and the trailer. Is this something that could happen if the timing wasn't set right? I'm speechless at the amount of work this truck has been so far..........

·
Registered
90 Posts
this needs to get its own topic. plenty of people on hear that may be able to direct you .

I just registered on here and have no idea where to actually post, so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong spot. My fiance has a 2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost and it has had quite the amount of problems recently, I'm honestly wondering if the mechanic (one that does all the work for the dealership he bought it from) is actually causing more things to break... First, he replaced his turbos. About three months later the timing went and he replaced all necessary parts that went along with that. When he recieved it back it kind of sounded similar to an airplane and he brought it back to the auto place to have it looked at again. They assured him that's how it should sound. Now, about three weeks-month later, we were pulling a small trailer last night and the truck just out of nowhere it said "oil pressure low" and the truck shut off. We coasted to the nearest exit and pulled over. The truck will not start, it won't turn over. It does make a click noise when you try to turn the key, but that's it. Had to get it towed and have someone come get us and the trailer. Is this something that could happen if the timing wasn't set right? I'm speechless at the amount of work this truck has been so far..........

21 - 26 of 26 Posts