F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, long time listener first time caller.
this is what I’m working with
2013 FX4 Mishimoto intercooler and piping Mishimoto overflow AFE Intake
SCTX4 form 5star

All of these are recent buys. I couldn’t seam to get the recirc valve to seat correctly on the Mishimoto intercooler, so I bought the Turbosmart.
My problem. I bought this on eBay. It was an “open box return”. “New with all parts included” So the MAP adapter was not in the box. Pretty mad about that. But I continued to put the BOV on. I hooked the reference line into the bung on the Mishimoto cold pipe. This is my first forces induction anything. So I placed my line pre throttle body. Now it sounds like merv the perv on family guy trying to whistle. The more I thought about it, I’m pretty sure I need to be post throttle body for the reference. Am I right? Or will this work and I need to just tune the BOV? And the more detailed point, if I need to rerun this line, can I use the 3 way port that came with the Turbosmart kit, I believe it’s for the 2.7, or do I have to order the MAP adapter? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the exact same setup. You need to contact turbosmart and have them send you the adapter for the MAP. The other adapter won’t work. And it’s not going to be correct where you have it now.

2013 F150 XLT 3.5L SCrew. AFE Magnum Force Stage-2 Dual 3-1/2" CAI, Mishimoto Performance Intercooler with Pipes, TurboSmart SP Supersonic BOV Kit , Team RXP Heat Exchanged Dual Catch Can, AEM Coil Packs, SCT/Bully Dog BDX Tuner w/5* Tuning Custom Tunes, AFE Atlas 4" Aluminized Steel Cat-Back

1 - 2 of 2 Posts