F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen these yet? Saw a video on YouTube if them. Sounds legit lol.

ForumRunner_20130803_090225.jpg

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yea the company that does my tuning sells them.. They sound badass and are suppose to help build boost quicker

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the company that does my tuning sells them.. They sound badass and are suppose to help build boost quicker

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat
MPT? That's whose video I watched...I want them lol.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Those sound nasty dude, anyone actually have them on there truck? And any noticeable change in power/ acceleration? As well as what this would do as far as hurting the turbos maybe? Sry alil bit of a noob when it comes to turbos. Just read the site it's only for 2011-2012 will Not fit on 2013. Sucky lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
They don't actually make more power. I run one on my turbo RZR and the advantage comes from the outlet being plumbed back into the intake tract decreasing the time it takes to build boost when going from boost to off boost and back in rapid throttle changes. Instead of the BOV relieving into the atmosphere or wherever it's plumbed to, the excess pressure returns to the intake which (to a small degree) increases preload to the turbo.
decreases throttle lag during rapid throttle changes

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hmmm
i dont like the idea of already heated and oil enriched air being dumped back into the intake stream on a MAF controlled system
the system would no longer have any control on the now contaminated intake charge until after the fact and it seen the results on the O2 sensor

maybe im exaggerating the fact because these are small turbos with little dispacements

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They don't make more power, it simply gives you the option of having VTA or recirculate back to intake. The stock BOV recycle the access air back to intake already. I would get them purely for sound, but I have a thing for nasty sounding BOVs. Lol. I am ordering them, just waiting till I get paid as I just ordered SoCal tunes to replace my LMS. TurboSmart has been around for a minute and make great products.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Id take it on my ecoboost....
Hell ya. No reason not to. They perform better and gives you the option of VTA or recirculation.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts