F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a 2500 mile road trip and right at 36,000 miles the right turn signal quit the continuous mode. It will only blink 3 times unless I hold it. The left turn is OK; either continuous or the 3 blink mode. I called the dealer when I got home and had 37000 miles on my truck and was told it would probably cost $300 to fix it. A week later I had to replace my battery. Its a 2011 FX4 and up until now I have never found anything about the truck I didn't like. Has anyone dealt with the turn signal problem?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had an issue with mine where the turn signals would just randomly turn on and not turn off. The only way I could get them to not be on was to press the lever in the opposite direction and hold it there. It hasn't done it to me in a while now, and I've got about 59, 000 miles on mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess I have the only 2011 F150 with a failed turn signal.
I guess that's why Ford has not replied to my email!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your not the only one. My 2011 XLT started this problem today. The left signal stays on and only quits when I hold the lever up, and then the right turn signal doesn't work at all. I don't know what else I can check. I guess a trip to dealer is in my future. Please let me know if y'all have found a fix. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to just live with my problem by holding the lever up when I wanted to turn right. I got pretty good at it. Then suddenly one day a few weeks ago it started working again just like new. Between 36000 and about 46000 miles it did not work.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I've already had mine in to replace the high/low beam switch. High beam stopped working. It would come on then off. Dealer replaced the switch 1800 miles.
It looks to me like Ford is having problems with these multi-position switches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've already had mine in to replace the high/low beam switch. High beam stopped working. It would come on then off. Dealer replaced the switch 1800 miles.
It looks to me like Ford is having problems with these multi-position switches.
I just left Ford dealership. Truck has 46k miles, not under warranty. Decided to buy part, cost $31, and replace myself. Hopefully there will be no issues. The crazy thing is it stopped blinking on the way to dealership, but as soon as I turned onto road at Ford it started acting up again. It seems to be if I turn the blinker on while turning the wheel is when it happens. It quits after I hold the lever up for about 15 seconds and turn the wheel. I'll keep y'all posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I considered doing that but they scared me out of it by telling me that the airbag might go off if I didn't know what I was doing. Like I said above, mine started working again one day and has been fine ever since. I'm still mad about how Ford handled it re the warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 F150 that has a similar problem as yours, Ikanizer. Turn signal only flashes three times one direction then stops. Other direction it works just fine. Started right around 36k. Now have 39 k. Would be great if it just disappeared at 46k like yours! Livwyr, what part did you buy? Wondering if that part would also fix my problem...

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Do they use a conventional clock spring in the steering wheel to send a signal to the switch that the wheel has returned to center? If not, as I suspect it could be a positional switch in the steering rack. Which could be costly to repair or just a simple reset of the system. Anyone know?

I personally haven't had any problems yet and I don't expect any either. However, I have found the switch annoying on more than one occasion where the signal would stay on after I had straightened the wheel. It also has failed to stay blinking while making/waiting to make a turn.

I don't know, love it or hate it; Some of the technology used in newer vehicles is probably just thrown in without a second thought...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have a 2013 F150 that has a similar problem as yours, Ikanizer. Turn signal only flashes three times one direction then stops. Other direction it works just fine. Started right around 36k. Now have 39 k. Would be great if it just disappeared at 46k like yours! Livwyr, what part did you buy? Wondering if that part would also fix my problem...
FarmerTED,

Have you visited your dealer to have them take a look?

Ashley

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have this same problem on my '13 with 21K miles. Right turn signal only blinks three times no matter what switch position is hit. been doing it for a week or so now. Going to have the dealership take a look tomorrow when its in for an oil change.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes mind did the same thing at 12000 miles I checked the turn signal bulbs and the one in the rear was out, replaced the bulb and it worked fine. Have you checked the bulbs? just my experence. Have a great day hope you get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I also have this same problem on my '13 with 21K miles. Right turn signal only blinks three times no matter what switch position is hit. been doing it for a week or so now. Going to have the dealership take a look tomorrow when its in for an oil change.
Hey gfordboy90,

Did your dealer get your issue resolved today? If not, shoot me a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number; I'll have a look.

Nick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey gfordboy90,

Did your dealer get your issue resolved today? If not, shoot me a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number; I'll have a look.

Nick
Hey Nick,

They did seem to resolve it, as it has been working properly since. I sent you a PM. Unfortunately they didn't tell me what they fixed and did not provide any paperwork from the service? Hoping you can look into it for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just left Ford dealership. Truck has 46k miles, not under warranty. Decided to buy part, cost $31, and replace myself. Hopefully there will be no issues. The crazy thing is it stopped blinking on the way to dealership, but as soon as I turned onto road at Ford it started acting up again. It seems to be if I turn the blinker on while turning the wheel is when it happens. It quits after I hold the lever up for about 15 seconds and turn the wheel. I'll keep y'all posted.
Livwyr: I have the exact issue you were having but can't figure out the problem. We've checked the fuses, replaced the switch, and checked the bulbs. No issues. However we can't get to the relay bc we think it is in the smart junction box. I'm hoping you will tell us otherwise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue, Started working for a day last week then it stopped. Hope to find the answer here.:confused:

Livwyr: I have the exact issue you were having but can't figure out the problem. We've checked the fuses, replaced the switch, and checked the bulbs. No issues. However we can't get to the relay bc we think it is in the smart junction box. I'm hoping you will tell us otherwise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Turn Signal won't Shut off, 2013 F150 Super Crew

:(:confused:livwyr, what part did you replace for $31? I have a 2013 F150 Ecoboost with 79,000 miles. The left turn signal will not shut off unless I hold with multiswitch in the Right turn position. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
18 Participants
MotoACEz
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing