·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,618 Posts
Dang it ! 🥴

·
Modinstrator
2,694 Posts
We’ve been following with great interest. Don’t leave us hanging. Man, I hope it‘s a rear axle bearing and not something you’ve already been chasing.

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
Admittedly, you do have the best tow-truck pics.

But that's enough of them for me. I'm guessing you agree.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: EcoGrizzly

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
@snakebitten hahaha. So my buddy drove the truck and it ran great. I was heading from one job site to another and swapped the old van for the truck in excitement! Truck drive great. Stopped at a light near my destination and she shut down. I started freaking out like a 12yr old girl on prom night... a homeless man that inhabits Boulder, CO blocked traffic and the local Cafe Mexicali boys rushed out to help me push the truck in to their parking lot. They even offered a free drink and some food, America is still full of good people! Nothing was leaking and no signs of anything apparent... tried to crank her a few times and nothing. Checked the fuel pump relay and fuse 27. Good. Popped the line to the hpfp from the tank and it was bone dry. Tried to push some fluid out and nothing. Played with all the in tank fuel pump connectors and nothing. I’m presuming I damaged the new intank pump by not having the cam follower in and over working it? No noise from the pump, not a drop or fuel from the fuel line to the hpfp. Gonna try to return the pump and if not... buy another and install it this weekend. A tank full of gas and my driveway don’t make the situation sound fun. Almost tempted to fab up a custom access hatch in the bed that is legit and clean. I still have my original fuel control module and I’ll prob swap that back in first, just for fun.

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
Ditto GearHead. He's kinda easy to root for since he keeps a sense of humor in spite of the drama.
Not to mention a full motor swap in a relatively short time span. These trucks aren't the same as our yesterdecade NA F150's.

Reactions: EcoGrizzly

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Ditto GearHead. He's kinda easy to root for since he keeps a sense of humor in spite of the drama.
Not to mention a full motor swap in a relatively short time span. These trucks aren't the same as our yesterdecade NA F150's.

Yup, seems he still loves his truck and didn't come here to bash on our Ford's lol!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
It’s just life and a hobby. I’m not performing brain surgery or saving the world. Things happen, I love to learn and tinker. I’m having fun with it and staying positive. Two weeks ago I took a spill and couldn’t walk for 4days and don’t remember an afternoon of my life, haha. Damn dirt bike seems to have bucked me off. My hip swelled up like a balloon and turned baboon purple along with my privates, haha. Sometimes you gotta keep your nose to the grindstone and appreciate what you have. I can’t wait to have what I’ve been aiming for and taking that cruise with the windows down and music up! I have the perfect road in mind. I’m still feeling the effects of the crash and a little tender but sacrifice results in the greatest rewards.

Image Removed

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
I've been tossed a few HUNDRED times. And in my 60's, I don't walk right for weeks.

I'm starting to figure you out more and more. Lol

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
A ways back....I got to ride with the "dynamic duo", a couple motocross buddies-lol> full fledged motoheads!
You know what that means....riding above your skill set.
Anyways.....their hauling as* in front of me on their KTM & Husqvarna respectively ; through this deep sand; rock, dried up river bed.
I'm basically keeping up.....than I dump it?! I had the bike like 3 days?
Only good thing out of it was they never say me bite it.....they were so far ahead of me
Scratched the clutch plate pretty good.
Earned my wings that afternoon!
20180903_100228.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
Desert tank!

Petrol issue resolved for a bike that's otherwise meant for a few laps.

I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty to invent in my own mind an image of you getting tossed. It's not too bad, if I say so myself.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I know what you mean Meaz. Do you remember a motorcross champion Brad Lackey? He and some of his friends went on a ride with me in the mountains at Rollins Lake in California. I always thought I was pretty good on a bike till I saw him ride. Now this was in 1986. When a bike had like 5 inches of suspension travel. Anyways it was effortless to him. No way I was keeping up with him. Then one of his friend hit a deer and broke his femur. The day ended at a hospital. Got to be careful on those bikes.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Desert tank!

I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty to invent in my own mind an image of you getting tossed. It's not too bad, if I say so myself.

Howd that dirt get all over me?-lol
Screenshot_20201010-144359_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
You road with Brad Lackey and could still see him?

I ask because I raced Jim Pomeroy once, or let's just say he showed up at MY track one Sunday, apparently just to have some fun, even putting his bike backwards at the starting line.

So, he didn't get the holeshot, that's for sure. And although I don't remember where I was in the pecking order at the time, I do remember how STUNNED I was at how little time it took for him to make up for his voluntary penalty and the AMAZING velocity disparity between us as his Bultaco blasted by me.

The few moments that I experienced looking at him from behind was ample enough to take in how much smoooooooother he was than ANY of us locals. And yes, those were the days of 30+ minute motos and he passed me again. But fairly leisurely the second time.

Turned out to be a really nice guy and my older brother hit it off with him pretty good. Of course they both road Pursangs, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: meaz93

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,618 Posts
Desert tank!

I saw it too !

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
Bultaco! Oh, yeah! You are showing your age @snakebitten. :)
Ummmmm, you saying you weren't potty trained yet when Bultaco and CZ and Penton were roosting with the big 4?

I ain't buying it.

101 - 120 of 175 Posts