F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Snake. I did ride with Brad. Just once. Wasn’t on a track. Just having fun on fire roads in the mountains. I do remember Jim Pomeroy. Never met him even though we are from the same town in Yakima Wa.

I remember when doing this and you were cool.

6F7A274A-4CD5-43E4-A242-CCB5ECA5FDBB.jpeg

·
Modinstrator
2,717 Posts
Ummmmm, you saying you weren't potty trained yet when Bultaco and CZ and Penton were roosting with the big 4?

I ain't buying it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Didn’t say that. Bultaco was my first bike to do a ramp to ramp jump on but these pretty much disappeared by the early 80’s.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Didn’t say that. Bultaco was my first bike to do a ramp to ramp jump on but these pretty much disappeared by the early 80’s.
Lol

I just wanted to make sure the new folks around here know that was the pot calling the kettle "geezer"

Reactions: GearHead_1

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Snake. I did ride with Brad. Just once. Wasn’t on a track. Just having fun on fire roads in the mountains. I do remember Jim Pomeroy. Never met him even though we are from the same town in Yakima Wa.

I remember when doing this and you were cool.

View attachment 168740
Actually, that's STILL cool!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
It’s cool that so many of you guys are motorcycle enthusiasts! I traded my 16 kx 450 for a fresh outta the crate 19 kx 450... and the dealer told me- be careful this thing is crazy. It seemed odd at the time. Seeing as how my 16was built. I rode the bike stock for the break in... and to me it had this slight air of unpredictability down low... sometimes she wanted it all or sometimes it was what you were asking for. I piped it with a Pro Circuit exhaust and it seemed to me to smooth her out and bring that predictability to the bike. Stopped riding the track cause I was pushing the envelope a bit and I’ve only ridden the new bike on single track or private/secret areas. Next thing I know I’m knocked out cold and can’t walk, haha. For some weird reason the way the dealer said that to me and his eyes while he said it... has me freaked out to this day from the second I bought it, the thing is an absolute axe murdering maniac. It’s mind blowing! Riding pic is the 16 and stretching pic is the 19.

Gonna drain the tank today and get her going, it’s a beautiful Colorado day and the fire smoke hasn’t blown in for the evening.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Lol

Awesome post! I'm sorry if dirtnap stories are meant to be serious, but I grew up participating in them (as the main actor), as well as witnessing others.

Nothing beats a campfire recall of all the days events amongst a bunch of dirtbikers. (or adventure bikers as we get OLD)

I've got millions of cherished memories. All over the world. Even riding an Italian scooter along the Amalfi coast, at midnight, with the wife on the back singing in her helmet.......

2-wheels are just the best way to ride horseback. Anywhere. If you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
You just turned your thread into my favorite. And YOU hijacked it yourself, which is like granting Meaz, GearHead, me.... Immunity!

I hate when my lips are burning. But it's worth it.

Ruckus's are the bomb!

Reactions: marcher

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
things to syphon fuel

4ft 1/2in PEX tubing
10ft 1/4in soft clear plastic tubing
Cut the end of the 1/4in tubing to a point

Put your funnel in that the truck came with, insert the PEX and kinda screw it down and in through the bends in the filler neck and once it hits solid, back it back out 1/2in. Insert your 1/4in tubing in the pex and once it hits solid kinda screw it in and it should pop through in to the tank. Syphon away.

Dropped the tank with ease and popped the new pump in and had her back together in no time. Truck fired right up. Took her to the gas station and topped her off. Drover her to Advanced Auto and picked up my Synthetic oil and filter For after the break in period. Everything seems to work great.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
@WooBoost yes, replaced the pump. So now I have two pumps sitting around. Not sure if the original pump was the contributing factor of my initial problem with the stock engine. I replaced it and the truck seemed to idle slightly better. Then we couldn’t figure out the fueling issue still... so I replaced the frp sensor, fuel control module, high pressure fuel pump. All to realize it was the fact I didn’t install the cam follower for the hpfp. Finally after installing a new cam follower, the truck died out on its second test drive in tank fuel pump completely quit. My assumption is that we over worked it without having the hpfp functioning. So after another in tank pump, she runs great. I have two fuel pump complete sending units, I plan on modifying one with an upgraded pump and return system.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Can anyone recommend defoulers that actually work and won’t result in a check engine light if I have a custom set of down pipes made?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Planning on having my cats cut out and replaced with straight pipes. And not wanting a check engine light... any info is greatly appreciated. Will I pass emissions? They only plug the truck in, there’s no visual.

·
Modinstrator
2,717 Posts
Planning on having my cats cut out and replaced with straight pipes. And not wanting a check engine light... any info is greatly appreciated. Will I pass emissions? They only plug the truck in, there’s no visual.
Short of an all out racing application, I think I’d just leave the cats in place. We do have success stories with those who have removed that cats and have no emission check or check engine light related problems. That said, there have been a lot of owners that have struggled with this seemingly simple modification.

I guess if I could actually prove to myself that the cats were the weak links in the system by causing a flow obstruction I might look at it a little more closely. We know for a fact that the cats don’t seem to be a limiter on a lot of these trucks that are putting 450 HP and beyond to the ground.

Anyway, what the heck do I know? :unsure:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
The reason I was considering cutting out the cats is because I got a P0420 code. The truck wants to chirp outta the intake at startup and it seems to kinda stumble down low. Could this be happening because clogged cats? I’m wondering if they got oil on them when I blew the motor? Or should I replace the O2 sensors. I got the code a couple times yesterday and it hasn’t came on today. Just trying to work out the last little kinks. She runs and drives, idles great. Just that weird chirping at startup and sometimes it wants to get a little funky.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Or do my waste gates need adjusted or is it something with my bov? It seems really sensitive when I let off the gas, even slightly, it chirps and flutters.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have no where near the knowledge of most on here. But the bov can be checked in minutes.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 178 Posts