F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the site here but didn't see any posts about this gauge for the last 4 years. I was using an Ultragauge EM in my last truck mainly just to keep an eye on various temps. I bought a new 2018 F150 in November and attached my gauge to look at what info was available. The gauge is about 6 years old but picks up about 67 functions. Are these wired Ultragauges still being used by anyone? What info is best to keep an eye on? I'm still re-reading the manual.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I had one but it wouldn't read transmission temp (this was before Forscan was out and I could add the actual numbers to the dash cluster) so I found it ok but did not meet all of my wants - I sold it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a scanguage II that must be 10+ years old and I use it quite a bit, especially towing. It has configurable gauges and pretty good company support along with a lot of users. I have it showing boost (no 8" display for that), coolant temp, transmission temp and intake air temps while towing.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a scanguage II that must be 10+ years old and I use it quite a bit, especially towing. It has configurable gauges and pretty good company support along with a lot of users. I have it showing boost (no 8" display for that), coolant temp, transmission temp and intake air temps while towing.
I run the same Scanguage II from my 6.0 days. Have you been able to get it to show IAT2 temps? That's the only one I haven't been able to show.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Not sure which IAT it is showing. Is there more than one? The display is simply IAT and a temperature that hovers 15-30f above ambient.

I run the same Scanguage II from my 6.0 days. Have you been able to get it to show IAT2 temps? That's the only one I haven't been able to show.

·
Premium Member
4,509 Posts
Not sure which IAT it is showing. Is there more than one? The display is simply IAT and a temperature that hovers 15-30f above ambient.
On the Ngauge, what you are describing would likely be IAT2 Temps. If so, that's Temps in the intake.

If I could only monitor one of the IAT Temps, it would be that one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
975 Posts
I use the Torque Pro phone app to connect to BAFX Products Bluetooth Diagnostic OBDII Reader / Scanner for Android Devices and it gives me all the readings including the tire psi readings, iat1 and 2 and a ton more.. Sure, you have to have the phone hooked up and it's a power eater too, so your phone needs to be plugged into power, but it works for me.. Total cost for this was around $50 including a phone mount and some additional USB wiring for power and some time to install.

Good luck!

Mitch

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's all I've been able to get as well, and it's the sensor after the airbox.

Wish they would make Torque Pro for an iPhone, I'd be all over that.

·
Registered
242 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
BigPhatPaulie
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing