F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked under my 2013 XLT today and saw the panel under the engine missing. Both oil changes were done by the same dealer. I remember seeing the panel when the truck was new and telling myself what a pain it's going to be to do the filter. Now I'm kinda p----d off that they didn't put it back on. :mad: I don't go off road at all (2WD) Most parts are on for a reason (cooling, aero, etc)

Any comments on having it on or off.....Thanks

PS: taking the filter off my 1956 Vic Y-Block and getting the can thru the power streering lines is really a pain....

·
Registered
523 Posts
I would inquire to the dealer to see if they had any additional covers that appeared recently. Sure that the dealership did it? Park the truck outside? Had a acquaintance going to work one day state the truck felt loose. Thieves stole his side steps and didn't put the bolts back in, he didn't notice until after he got to work.

If it's not bolted or chained down in this country now, it's prime for the taking.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I personally think its there for fuel economy more than off road protection. I really doubt someone would steal it, but you never know. Probably still at the dealership.

SPPD

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The purchasing dealership replaced it with a new one. They said their lube tech would have no need to take it off. Maybe my mileage will improve on our trip to Florida later this month.......We shall see....

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
The purchasing dealership replaced it with a new one. They said their lube tech would have no need to take it off. Maybe my mileage will improve on our trip to Florida later this month.......We shall see....
You can't access the oil drain plug unless you remove it...unless I am smoking crack. It's only been 2600 miles since I last changed mine, but I took it off both times I've changed it.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Are you talking about the diaper? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386360857.820390.jpg
It's there to limit turbo noise. Some have fallen off after not been tightened & then filled with snow. Mine is sitting in the corner of the garage

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Does it really quiet it down that much?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah, I'm wondering too....does taking it off increase the turbo noise? I was kind of disappointed that I can never hear the turbos.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Well I have just the AFE stage2 but it does reduce the notice bouncing off the road. Some people have had there's ripped off & others just taken off. Mine has been off for a few months. I think it's a bit louder. But I also have my BOV piped to face down towards the ground. So the PHHHHT bounces off the cement nicely. 2012

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Well now I'm excited to go lay in my driveway when it's -5℉ out and wrestle it OFF of the truck.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Pull it into the garage, turn on the kerosene heater for 20 minute, and forgo getting fost bite in -5 outside.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
My truck won't fit in my garage. I don't want to talk about it....

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
My truck won't fit in my garage. I don't want to talk about it....
I've got the same problem. The builder says it is a two car garage. Only if you have two Fiestas! And you can't have shelves or anything else in it...I can back it in and not close the door by about two inches. It's unfortunate when the temps dip below forty. Anyway...I'm going to leave it on. Don't want to get a bunch of snow and ice up in there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts