F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems I have lost mine. I went 4x4 through the snow like a bat outta hell the last part was about 20" deep. Thought I lost it there but no.

Seems I lost it previously. Could this have a huge impact on MPG?

I went back through the field and couldn't find it so not a clue what happened to it and coulda been gone for months lol.

Expensive through ford?

Thanks dudes.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Good questions. This is where you wish we had Ford engineers responsible for testing and validation could chime in.

It's for sound deadening only, sound and MPG, if MPG how much 1.5 or .0283?

Questions questions.

I'd drive with it for a while to see if your mileage is notably impacted. If it does provide any MPG benefit the cost between driving without it, or the cost of buying a new one will likely take some time break even. Again were talking the difference of before and after, how much?

·
Registered
269 Posts
If it fell off, claim a new one under warranty.

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since I don't have the old broken one how do I claim it's missing. They might say it was never there.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If it was original equipment on the truck and you bought it new you should have no problem whatsoever claiming this under warranty. If you bought the truck used and it is still under warranty, did you inspect it? If the part was there and since fell off and the warranty still applies, it is covered.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I took mine off so my BOV hoses that are pointed down would sound off the pavement better. Bingo. I haven't noticed any fuel drop. It was all a noise dampner IMHO. & I just learned a new trick. After I ordered rear door rubber stops. Cause mine were bent from factory & fell off. You can see the markings. $4 later. A guy from work said. Next time you need something. Go to a dealership. Go test drive a similar model in the same year. Snag what you need. Just suggesting. Your decision. You can have mine. Just send a dogsled up here for it

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol I'd have to send a dog sled with skates on to get across the ice that came down last night. I'll run without it lord knows I have been for awhile. You know what? I put my exhaust on and never noticed it then haha I don't recall wether it was there or not.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I took mine off so my BOV hoses that are pointed down would sound off the pavement better. Bingo. I haven't noticed any fuel drop. It was all a noise dampner IMHO. & I just learned a new trick. After I ordered rear door rubber stops. Cause mine were bent from factory & fell off. You can see the markings. $4 later. A guy from work said. Next time you need something. Go to a dealership. Go test drive a similar model in the same year. Snag what you need. Just suggesting. Your decision. You can have mine. Just send a dogsled up here for it

Sent from my space grey 5S using an aPP called Tapatalk
lol, really?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Let me see here, tough decision... my character, honesty and pride... or $4.00.... ? Please tell me that was a (very bad) joke.

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
608 Posts
Let me see here, tough decision... my character, honesty and pride... or $4.00.... ? Please tell me that was a (very bad) joke.
I was thinking the exact same thing..

Sent while enjoying a Pabst

·
Registered
523 Posts
Integrity? Nope none. Moral character? Nope zero present. Wonder why our couldn't is worse off now than thirth years ago. Look no further than the descibed mindset that has infiltrated the American core and become the new normal.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Integrity? Nope none. Moral character? Nope zero present. Wonder why our couldn't is worse off now than thirth years ago. Look no further than the descibed mindset that has infiltrated the American core and become the new normal.
Only if we let it. Not my core and I'm guessing not yours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts