F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some slight rust on the undercarriage mainly on the drive shaft. Any spray you guys recommend to remove the rust? It is not a huge amount.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Eastwood makes a good line of rust encapsulators. I've used their products on a few different vehicles over the years and have always been happy with the results.

·
Registered
651 Posts
My drive shaft is aluminum. your’s is not?

Reactions: SENDIT

·
Registered
87 Posts
I live in the rust belt and spray Fluid Film NAS formula with Kellsport guns. It's NOT the same as the aersol cans. It isn't Cheap but its the best as far as wash off while driving versus mess made(no drips in your driveway). Still have to touch up high-spray areas yearly but it does well after a few re-sprays. Our trucks rust out the rocker panels, cab corners, and bed sides that I've Noticed living in the rust belt. I use a 360* wand to spray Inside of those areas. Youll use about 2.5 gallons doing everything (Including inside the entire length of the frame, inside the bed crossmembers, inside the doors, etc).

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I live in the rust belt and spray Fluid Film NAS formula with Kellsport guns. It's NOT the same as the aersol cans. It isn't Cheap but its the best as far as wash off while driving versus mess made(no drips in your driveway). Still have to touch up high-spray areas yearly but it does well after a few re-sprays. Our trucks rust out the rocker panels, cab corners, and bed sides that I've Noticed living in the rust belt. I use a 360* wand to spray Inside of those areas. Youll use about 2.5 gallons doing everything (Including inside the entire length of the frame, inside the bed crossmembers, inside the doors, etc).
Maybe I did something wrong, but I used like 3/4 of a gallon doing 3 cars this years.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Maybe I did something wrong, but I used like 3/4 of a gallon doing 3 cars this years.
Depends on how much you disassembled and how much you sprayed. I spray a full .25 to .5 gallon just inside all the hidden areas i mentioned above typically (frame, rockers, doors, crossmembers).You have to lay it on heavy for it to stick around. Otherwise a month later it doesnt even look like you sprayed it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I will give it a try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts