F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question,for those that have /had the one piece painted bed cover.Do you regret getting the one piece cover and ,with it being the color of the truck,how hard are they to keep clean take car of? I have a chance to get a really good deal on a undercover one piece that is painted matched to my truck. I sort of want the retrax style etc.... but dont want leaks or spend the extra .

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had one on my F-350.
Truly hated that damn thing. Makes the bed all but useless.
Sold it and run the Truxedo soft roll up cover
Much nicer.
I now have the same on my F-150 and still love it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Agree. It’s a no go for me as I like to be able to utilize my bed at any point in time without hassle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.I actually have one on my sport trac and many times it has aggravated me for the same reasons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a one-piece on an '01 F150 Screw, black, which means more work to keep it looking good. Kept things dry but was a pain to remove and store when full bed was needed. When installed, the front of the bed wasn't easily accessible. Now I have 2019 Screw, short bed with a Diamond back 270 installed. I really like this type as it can be folded back on itself for 1/2 full bed access. Keeps things dry and secure. The gull wings allow front of bed access and with the additional bin storage box, all my tools and items are easily reached. This model can carry 400 lbs on the top. Other models carry 1600 lbs. Pricey, but you get what you pay for, IMO.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had an Undercover Elite on my '14 Lariat and really liked it. Traded that in for a' 19 Platinum and just got a RetraxOne delivered today. Will have to install it tomorrow. I was going to get another Elite but decided to go with a retractable one this time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts