F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UnderCover Flex

Ordered today! Unbelievable to me, but the Ford Dealer had the lowest price around. One day for delivery. Can't wait to bolt it on.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Nice! Let us know how you like it. And pics!

KCCO!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Curious how much you paid for it? I just ordered a BakFlip G2 on Wednesday for $699. I didn't even know there was another brand out there that made one similar to the G2
$710 tax included at the dealership, but everyone else was much higher around $785. I could not find a BakFlip display in any of the local 4X shops. I went to six of them.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sort of . . .

Can it be locked? I looked at the website, but it did not especify.

Once it is closed the tailgate lock is the security. The cover itself has no locking mechanism.

IMHO if someone wants in any of them, they can get in. I had a high end A.R.E. on my old truck. I could have broken into it pretty easily.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Can it be locked? I looked at the website, but it did not especify.
Any roll-up/foldable tonneau is only lockable by the tailgate that I'm aware of. The one piece fiberglass ones normally have a second lock on them.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Any roll-up/foldable tonneau is only lockable by the tailgate that I'm aware of. The one piece fiberglass ones normally have a second lock on them.
There are a couple that also lock at the front (Encore is one), and one that I am aware of that locks at the back and front (Fold-a-cover). Fold-a-Cover advertises "Total Cargo Security From Theft" which is Total BS in my world, but I know what they are trying to say. Same as things advertised as 'unbreakable', Wanna bet?. It does look like a nice cover, but I won't buy too many things sight unseen. None of the shops for toppers/covers had one of these or a demo. Maybe too new? I also can't figure out what the front opening is really useful for. I am 6 foot and can't really reach anything over the side rail. I guess if you paid for the side steps it might be of some use. . .

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well here it is

It was snowing crazy, so the pictures are inside and not too good.

It took me all of fifteen minutes to get it on the truck. Basically, a 6 bolts and two hand screws hold it on. A little adjustment and it's done. I hooked up the drain hoses, but I didn't put them outside the bed, yet. I am going to buy a angled (45 degrees hopefully) hose connector and use that on the other end of hose and drill matching holes in the bed plugs.

The main reason I chose this type is because it gets out of the way in the second picture. I took the cover off in less than two minutes.(two hand screws) Putting it back on took five minutes because you have re-adjust and straighten it again.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
It was snowing crazy, so the pictures are inside and not too good.

It took me all of fifteen minutes to get it on the truck. Basically, a 6 bolts and two hand screws hold it on. A little adjustment and it's done. I hooked up the drain hoses, but I didn't put them outside the bed, yet. I am going to buy a angled (45 degrees hopefully) hose connector and use that on the other end of hose and drill matching holes in the bed plugs.

The main reason I chose this type is because it gets out of the way in the second picture. I took the cover off in less than two minutes.(two hand screws) Putting it back on took five minutes because you have re-adjust and straighten it again.
I like that a lot! Very well may be what I'm Savin up the Ching for.

KCCO!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Better Pictures

Daylight photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Wow. Looks good. And what a view!!!

KCCO!

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Mine comes in tomorrow and hope to get it on friday, then finish up my bed lighting saturday as well as gapping my plugs.

Being away on business isn't always the funnest thing when you are expecting packages in the mail!!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine comes in tomorrow and hope to get it on friday, then finish up my bed lighting saturday as well as gapping my plugs.

Being away on business isn't always the funnest thing when you are expecting packages in the mail!!
Good deal! It won't take you long to install. Temporary retirement keeps me at home:)

I picked up some 90 and 45 degree 1/2 hose connections that I am going to use to terminate the drain hoses. I am going to put the 45 degree angle through the rubber plug and cap it on the outside of the bed with the 90. I will put up a picture(s) when done.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Completed my drain installation, but I had to change to 90 degree connectors. I made it a separate thread because I figure other tonneau covers might have similar setup.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm stuck between the G2 and the Roll-x. I love the tool box option too! $1000 before I even line-x.
\

I was told by two local 4X shops that the G2 rubs the truck body. The Flex does not and costs less.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
\

I was told by two local 4X shops that the G2 rubs the truck body. The Flex does not and costs less.
When in the completely folded up position it rubs on the two upper outer elbows of the rear window molding. I got my G2 for $699 shipped a few weeks ago and love it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts