F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago I noticed that Torrie @ Unleashed was tuning for E30, I've been running E30, so I figured what the hell I'll give this a shot. Contacted him to confirm and did some logging of my last tune for him again. Emailed the logs over last night about 8 pm and I have it a new file sitting in my inbox to try out this evening when I get home......3 hours 40 min and counting....

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Wish we had E30, here...
I am seeing more E85, though!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Every place I've been to around here that sells E85 also sells E15 and E30. Maybe if you're seeing more of it they will eventually add that to the pump. You could just use Mike's handy E85 calculator and pump your own E30. If you used 9x octane (not sure what you TX boys get) you should come out with a higher octane than my E30 from the pump.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I've swapped back to stock a few times in the last few days and put some miles on, the stock tune adjusts very well for the E30 blend, it just sucks to drive it that way, lol.
I put MPT in today during lunch I couldn't take that dog any more.

·
Registered
674 Posts
We have 1 station that sells E85 within 30 miles. I do 3-5 gal every other tank. I'm curious how the E30 tune runs. What's the octane on it?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
E30 from what I've seen equates to 95 octane

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The closest station to me is about 10 miles away, the other is 20. Cenex is what they are called, there are some in Rapid City but I haven't paid that much attention

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Every place I've been to around here that sells E85 also sells E15 and E30. Maybe if you're seeing more of it they will eventually add that to the pump. You could just use Mike's handy E85 calculator and pump your own E30. If you used 9x octane (not sure what you TX boys get) you should come out with a higher octane than my E30 from the pump.
I need to look into that calculator.
Did I see you write that you've dropped as much as 16 gallons of E85, in your tank?

We get 93, here, but I have my doubts if I'm getting what I'm paying for at some pumps.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah, I've done 16 gallons in there before with what they say is "straight 91" Whether it is or not I don't know. Well the tune is loaded and I'm off to do some logs...well after dinner I guess wife just said it's time to eat.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the tune I will call the wolf in sheeps clothing, standard Unleashed manners for the first half throttle, after that it comes on like thunder. Broke the rear end loose going up the on ramp. Logs look good settles right in at .8 lambda, knock is 0, I think we need to throw some more at it. I asked for more tip in since I'm used to that now. Logs are off to the pro so we'll see what he says.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She does alright with the big 'ol tires on there, I honestly can't wait to get some tires mounted on the 17's and take it out. With as hard as it pulls it should be insane. I can tell you all this, I'm ready for those Solo's to show up tomorrow and to get my 3" finished up. I'm tired of this VTEC, buzz while logging

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sounds like my 110 tune. It feels stock cruising to the tune logging spot and go WOT it screams. It's gonna be a fun track day whenever it opens. I think a guy with an SSI tune is gonna come to put me in my place.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Sounds like my 110 tune. It feels stock cruising to the tune logging spot and go WOT it screams. It's gonna be a fun track day whenever it opens. I think a guy with an SSI tune is gonna come to put me in my place.
It'll be even better when he doesn't. ;)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Torrie's WOT is just crazy, it's violent and nasty, lol. Like a cannon exploding. I'd like to get some more out of the 1st half of the throttle though.
I'm excited to try the track for the first time. Thank god for 4x4 so I don't have to master the launch, boost and go!

·
Registered
674 Posts
4x4 and you don't have to master launch? Haha. Okay. Don't feel bad for your truck when it's bucking and shaking from wheel hop and frame twistage. I thought it would launch like my diesel, boy was I wrong.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've never had bucking before, it just slips a bit and bang! Load it up to 2400 and GO! Might be different with stock tires though. These babies don't spin so easy.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Unleashed @ WOT, showing knock, RPM and Spark advance Unleashed e30.jpg

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
That's how knock supposed to look .. It hits than goes South!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 42 Posts