F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
10,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to give Torrie some props. Regarding tow tunes, all everyone talks about is 5*. While I was heading up to Ohio this past weekend hauling just an empty trailer and a lot of tools and roadside emergency gear, I started stock but missed the pep. Then I tried the performance tune since it was a light load. It did okay but shifted nowhere near how I wanted. All paramaters looked good, but my truck builds a ton of part throttle boost in upper gears on performance tunes, and that just acted weird. I sent him an email inquiring about ordering a tow tune. Within 30 minutes I had paid for, and received, and loaded a tow tune from him. I keep my windows tablet in the truck for such things. I download the tune with my phone, then send it to the tablet through a wired connection. It worked out cheaper to buy just one tune from him vs 5* anyway, but I would never have ordered and received the tune that quickly through 5*. From my experience anyway.

I've towed on a 5* tow tune. This Unleashed tune was a beast. My truck shifted perfectly to stay in my power band (of which there was NO shortage), and did a good job maintaining speed down the mountains, and helping me stop at lights and such.

I grossed 12,600 lbs (coming back home), have a 2.7, and the tow was from Ohio to SC. Power was there, no problems holding speed at all, or accelerating if I had to slow down mid hill for some reason. I didn't need to touch the brakes much at all on the downhills, even at 5%.

I know Torrie is known for a lot of logging, and I think people are afraid to buy a tow tune from him because they don't wanna drag a trailer all over tarnation at WOT, but he nailed mine the first try. Knock looked good, temps looked good. Well done Torrie.

Give Unleashed a look for a tow tune.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I have to give Torrie some props. Regarding tow tunes, all everyone talks about is 5*. While I was heading up to Ohio this past weekend hauling just an empty trailer and a lot of tools and roadside emergency gear, I started stock but missed the pep. Then I tried the performance tune since it was a light load. It did okay but shifted nowhere near how I wanted. All paramaters looked good, but my truck builds a ton of part throttle boost in upper gears on performance tunes, and that just acted weird. I sent him an email inquiring about ordering a tow tune. Within 30 minutes I had paid for, and received, and loaded a tow tune from him. I keep my windows tablet in the truck for such things. I download the tune with my phone, then send it to the tablet through a wired connection. It worked out cheaper to buy just one tune from him vs 5* anyway, but I would never have ordered and received the tune that quickly through 5*. From my experience anyway.

I've towed on a 5* tow tune. This Unleashed tune was a beast. My truck shifted perfectly to stay in my power band (of which there was NO shortage), and did a good job maintaining speed down the mountains, and helping me stop at lights and such.

I grossed 12,600 lbs (coming back home), have a 2.7, and the tow was from Ohio to SC. Power was there, no problems holding speed at all, or accelerating if I had to slow down mid hill for some reason. I didn't need to touch the brakes much at all on the downhills, even at 5%.

I know Torrie is known for a lot of logging, and I think people are afraid to buy a tow tune from him because they don't wanna drag a trailer all over tarnation at WOT, but he nailed mine the first try. Knock looked good, temps looked good. Well done Torrie.

Give Unleashed a look for a tow tune.

Holy crap that was a fricking novel...
Huh??

Reactions: Odom1957

·
Registered
688 Posts
I agree, if you can't take the time to read a post shame on you.

That's what a review is supposed to be. Thorough.

I don't believe in saying "Yah it was great you should try it."

Can't make a very well informed decision off of that.

Reactions: Odom1957

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I agree, if you can't take the time to read a post shame on you.
Lol I was just screwing with um.
We're buddy's outside of the ol .net world too (;

·
Registered
218 Posts
Best part I have found about Unleashed.....Torrie does tunes with HP TUNERS!!!!! I already have the software and have been tuning vehicles for a number of years and hated hearing that everyone uses SCT on fords. I wasn't about to spend money on another device just to upload a tune!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts