F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Torrie McPhail and I am the owner of Unleashed Tuning. I have been involved in domestic calibration since 2003 and have been an SCT dealer since that time. I can tune just about any Ford, GM, Dodge vehicle although I specialize in a handful or vehicles / powertrains that I will list below all using the factory ECU :

V6 Ecoboost SHO / Flex / F150 / MKS / MKT
Ford GT Stock - twin turbo -1500WHP
Viper / Viper truck Stock -1000+WHP
F150, Mustang, Lincoln LS, Explorer, Explorer Sport trac, Escape, Camaro, Corvette. Those are just a few of the top of my head.

One of my own personal vehicles that is always under some sort of change is my 1105WHP TT Ford GT.
You can check it out here :
Ford GT Main | Unleashed Tuning | Unleashed, Tuning, Information, Here

I started 3.5L Ecoboost field SCT calibration back in September of 2009 and I have been tuning that powertrain ever since. You can check out our Eco boost parts page here :

2010 / 2013 Ecoboost Ford Taurus SHO MKS MKT Flex F150 Focus ST | Unleashed Tuning | 2010 / 2011 Ecoboost Ford Taurus SHO MKS MKT Flex, SHO Tuning, Modified SHO

If anyone has any questions for me feel free to ask.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was just going to make sure that I posted here. I just got some tunes from Torrie and I've been following his tunes for a while on another forum. Torrie's tunes will not disappoint.

I just ran numbers from TQ pro the other day...my fastest time prior to the exhaust was around 15.4 in the 1/4 (all these numbers are with about 20 gallons of fuel in the tank). Following my exhaust--15.2 in the 1/4.

And after Torrie's tune being loaded 14.7 in the 1/4....but it gets BETTER!!! After putting about 25-30 miles on it and launching at 2300 RPMS....my fastest to date 14.27 @ 97mph (about 18 gallons in the tank, two car seats, gun & spare mag, spare tire etc...nothing out or off the truck). Wicked smooth shifts under light throttle...firm fast shifts on WOT. This is on his newest 93 performance tune.

Thanks again Torrie.

Also have his 87p/t and pulls very nice, too---waiting to datalog for it. He's also going to be building my 91 p/t tune.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent, glad to help out !

I was just going to make sure that I posted here. I just got some tunes from Torrie and I've been following his tunes for a while on another forum. Torrie's tunes will not disappoint.

I just ran numbers from TQ pro the other day...my fastest time prior to the exhaust was around 15.4 in the 1/4 (all these numbers are with about 20 gallons of fuel in the tank). Following my exhaust--15.2 in the 1/4.

And after Torrie's tune being loaded 14.7 in the 1/4....but it gets BETTER!!! After putting about 25-30 miles on it and launching at 2300 RPMS....my fastest to date 14.27 @ 97mph (about 18 gallons in the tank, two car seats, gun & spare mag, spare tire etc...nothing out or off the truck). Wicked smooth shifts under light throttle...firm fast shifts on WOT. This is on his newest 93 performance tune.

Thanks again Torrie.

Also have his 87p/t and pulls very nice, too---waiting to datalog for it. He's also going to be building my 91 p/t tune.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I already have a SCT.. what do you charge for a tune? I suppose you would just email me a file and I can load that into my SCTlivewire. Is this for only one tune? Im just curious as I add my front mount intercooler and catless downpipe. Not sure Is need to do a couple of WOT pulls and send the logs over and you can tune off just the logs?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already have a SCT.. what do you charge for a tune? I suppose you would just email me a file and I can load that into my SCTlivewire. Is this for only one tune? Im just curious as I add my front mount intercooler and catless downpipe. Not sure Is need to do a couple of WOT pulls and send the logs over and you can tune off just the logs?

Yes I can handle all of that . File set is $ 199 and I can get on this when ready so email me [email protected]

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Newbie here so be gentle :p
Have a new '13 EB FX2, which is my daily driver and I don't tow.
I am not looking to shred the tires, but would like some more get up and go when I step on it without breaking anything or running 91 octane - Am I way off here in my thought process?

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have been running Unleashed Tunes on my 13' FX4 for about 6,000 miles now. Not a single issue. I love it, lots of fun, very quick and really nice tight shifts. If you really get on the gas it will chirp the tires hitting 2nd gear. Now if I drop down from the 93 tune to the 87 tune it is a little less aggressive and the shifting is a lot smoother, but heck, lets install the 93 again and have fun...

Can't go wrong with Unleashed Tuning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been running Unleashed Tunes on my 13' FX4 for about 6,000 miles now. Not a single issue. I love it, lots of fun, very quick and really nice tight shifts. If you really get on the gas it will chirp the tires hitting 2nd gear. Now if I drop down from the 93 tune to the 87 tune it is a little less aggressive and the shifting is a lot smoother, but heck, lets install the 93 again and have fun...

Can't go wrong with Unleashed Tuning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you for the kind words !

·
Registered
49 Posts
Torrie has treated me great since day one as a customer. We have had a lot of revisions to keep me happy and make my truck perform better and he has been very patient and helpful.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Unleashed Tuning has my full support! Torrie is super awesome and always quick to respond to my useless questions even before I paid him anything. Looking forward to doing future business with him.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome to the site Torrie! Looks like you have an awesome product. Help me to understand just a little. With your programmers you offer (I am familiar with a Diablo tuner) are you able to convert back to the OEM tune if you need to take it in to the dealer for service? Can they detect the "foot print" of your tune in the ECU or is it actually removed. I am truly interested in your product but of course I am concerned about warranty issues. Thanks....

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
About this Discussion
54 Replies
19 Participants
tmcphail
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing