F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ford F-150 4WD Lariat Sport, SuperCrew, 4WD, 3.5 EcoBoost, Special Edition Package
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before my dad bought his current 2018 F-150 (shown in the profile picture) this February, earlier that month I went with him to our Ford dealer and looked at another 2018 Lariat with the 3.5L he thought about buying (with 35K miles, build date March 2018). Immediately after the salesman started it I heard what sounded like a horrible grinding noise for the first few seconds but the truck never sounded normal after that. After the start-up, I knew something wasn't right so that's when I started filming. Eventually, as the truck reached operating temperature the engine sounded like a DIESEL. Despite the unusual sound, it drove fine and performance didn't seem to be affected at all ((though the rear power tailgate magically opened on its own when we were on the freeway...). After the long test drive, the noise really bothered me so I told him to stay away from it. A few days later he bought his current 2018 with the 3.5L (with, at the time, 20K miles, build date August 2018) up north and it sounds WHISPER quiet compared to the one at the dealer. Same 2nd gen 3.5L. Based on the video I made does anyone know what's wrong with the other one? I wish all the clips were videos (instead of most being audio clips but the salesperson was always around us so I didn't want to blatantly film in front of him :-/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts