F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just over 13 months and 10,700 trouble free miles.
Being a 2-door and with the Turbo engine this thing is a blast to drive. Currently getting around 23mpg. Not bad for a box on wheels and with the 4:10 gearing.
Dyno Graph shows the comparison between the 2.0L and the 3.6L V6. The Torque from the Turbo is amazing.
Diesel engine will be out soon. Not sure I would buy one though.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Its a good looking rig. The diesel is cool on paper, but I just don't know if I could trust FCA to do it right. I have the Liberty CRD and they cut so many corners back then. Had to put a good amount of $ into just as preventative maintenance. Then the ecodiesel came out in the Ram/GC, and they ended up making a lot of the same mistakes/cutting the same corners on those. I know the one in the Wrangler is gunna be the Gen 3 motor but I am weary.

Then of course there is the fact that a diesel wrangler rubi unlimted will be north of 50k with any options.

I'd love a JL Wrangler, I just cannot justify it right now, and the used prices are silly.

Now a ecodiesel Gladiator i could justify.

·
Premium Member
6,249 Posts
Boss drives the 2.0 Turbo and he loves it. So far.

And trust me when I say he can drive anything he would want. I think he loves jeeps after stints in Mazdaratis and Porsches and even a dabble in a Ferrari.

This is his 3rd jeep in a row and according to him it finally has enough power that he isn't irritated when he is in a hurry. (which for the last 20 years I have never seen him not in a hurry)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going to Moab next month
Got a skid plate and a small lift installed.

Skid plate is 1/4" aluminum.

IMG_20200216_203011.jpg
IMG_20200202_202119.jpg
IMG_20200127_184653.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Im thinking i may buy ASFIR aluminum skids for my Lexus.

My buddy, who is a big diesel fan, has a Wrangler 2.0 at the moment and has been saying nothing but good things about it. Said it pulls real hard.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im thinking i may buy ASFIR aluminum skids for my Lexus.

My buddy, who is a big diesel fan, has a Wrangler 2.0 at the moment and has been saying nothing but good things about it. Said it pulls real hard.
ASFIR was the best bang for the buck even with shipping.
I just wanted the oil pan and transmission skid plate and ASFIR and 2 other American made companies sold just that part. Others you had to buy their entire kit. I didn't want to spend $1,500. The ASFIR was $280 shipped and only took a week. The American made ones where $380 shipped and usually took 2 to 3 weeks.
1/4" aluminum and the fit was spot on. I did paint it with red Plastidip for some contrast and to see if I can peel it off in Moab.

Very impressed with the power from this little engine.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moab was Great!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,249 Posts
So the 2.0T will rock crawl nicely?

I'm guessing so.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
What gears and tire size you running?

Seems these days your jeep ain't cool unless it's on 40's. Lol.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What gears and tire size you running?

Seems these days your jeep ain't cool unless it's on 40's. Lol.
All stock
It is a Rubicon so it gets 4:10 gears and 33" tires. The transfer case is called a Rock-trac and it has a very low 4L makes it an over all 77 to 1 crawl ratio with the 8 speed auto. Some sections I was in 6th gear and only doing 8 mph.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
It's crazy the crawl ratios they are getting with the new transmissions too. My Liberty had a 3:1 first gear with the 545RFE. Now they are like 5:1 with the 8 speeds.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New computer, new free editing software. Didn't come out like I wanted.
Day one

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Day two.
I need to work on day 3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts