F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snagged these($20 off with coupon)

Amico 5/6 inch 5CCT LED Recessed Lighting 20 Pack, Dimmable, IC & Damp Rated, 12.5W=100W, 950LM Can Lights with Baffle Trim, 2700K/3000K/4000K/5000K/6000K Selectable, Retrofit Installation - ETL & FCC https://a.co/d/dT31u8Y

Wheel Automotive carrying rack Automotive lighting Tire Light

They are allegedly equivalent to 100W. I had 9 watt 650 lm Phillips BR30’s in the cans as well as some leftover flourescent lights that were claiming 750 lm. These are a bit brighter, but they also have adjustable color temperature. I set them to 5000k which feels a lot nicer than the 2700k br30’s

The other great part is they come on instantly in the cold, unlike the fluorescent lights that would take minutes

· Registered
10,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You already had cans, just swapped on these new lights, right?
Correct the garage already had 15 cans in the ceiling.

I used 15 of the lights but now I kinda wanna add 5 more cans to fill in some gaps and really get this place lit up

Reactions: Boatwaco

· Registered
10,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice. Being an electrician myself i have done a lot of those. In my parents house I put in some Halo can trims that were color selectable as well and had a lumen output of 1200 lumens. Their dimmest version which I put in some closets and bedrooms were 800 lumens or so. The 1200 were definitely very bright. I’d love a bunch of those in a nice shop. That’d be sweet.
I wouldnt have minded 1200 lm lights, but $65 for 20 lights was to hard to pass up. When I have priced this out in the past it was gunna cost hundreds of dollars.

· Registered
10,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is how it looks all lit up at night
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light

· Registered
10,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice and bright! I like that a lot!

PS. I think there’s room in front of the blue bike for another toy - maybe a small ATV?
There was an ATV in there until about 5 months ago. It got moved behind the garage under a cover.

Reactions: Boatwaco
1 - 5 of 5 Posts