F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put drilled/slotted rotors and z16 ceramic pads on my 2013 this past weekend. I have about 500 miles on them so far and I am happy, especially for the price I paid. I bought them from Brake Motive and they were $142 shipped for all of it. I can't say how long they will last yet but my factories were warped within 10k miles so I can't imagine these could be any worse. After it I read an article: https://4wdlife.com/best-brakes-for-ford-f150 and bought a new ones. Guide is new, so information is relevant. Worth to spend 15 minutes and read.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would never get drilled rotors, doesnt stop any better and introduces weak points that can crack when hot and exposed to water.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just ordered a set of Alcons front and rear for my Raptor . Very pricey but work with my 17 inch wheels . Reviews i have seen 75mph to 0 these shave 50 feet off stock brake system.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Just ordered a set of Alcons front and rear for my Raptor . Very pricey but work with my 17 inch wheels . Reviews i have seen 75mph to 0 these shave 50 feet off stock brake system.
I've read that the Alcon only work with 20 inch wheels so you using 17s make me feel a lot better

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
At $3000 for the front sets alone those Alcons are kind of at a ridiculous price point. I don't understand why no one is making an upgraded set of brakes for F-150's that is reasonable. Wilwoods aren't much less, either. At one time Ford was producing 1400+ trucks a day, 6 days a week. That's a huge potential market for BETTER cast iron rotors.

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
At $3000 for the front sets alone those Alcons are kind of at a ridiculous price point. I don't understand why no one is making an upgraded set of brakes for F-150's that is reasonable. Wilwoods aren't much less, either. At one time Ford was producing 1400+ trucks a day, 6 days a week. That's a huge potential market for BETTER cast iron rotors.
I agree!

And the Brembo Calipers and rotors are even more expensive.

A bit aggravating since very similar Brembos (I'd argue identical) for other vehicles are ½ the price. The only thing probably F150 specific is the caliper adapter!

It's almost like they are saying we are charging you a premium because not very many people put our product on a pickup truck.

I have no complaints with the application. Installation is first class. Performance is exactly what it should be with the engineering and physics involved. But you have to be in bucket-list mood to pony up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'm sure I missed the whole point to this post on upgraded brakes for an F150... :)

But, I got these Power Stop Z36 4 wheel rotor/pad setup off of amazon for just under $500 delivered to my door in 2 days.

I got them in Sept of 2017 and they are doing very well and no warp like the OEM's did on me.

Tow a #7000 TT now and they work great for that too..

Not looking to road race the thing, so don't really need a 3 grand set of brakes..

Anyway, just for some pic candy, here is what I got... ha, ha..

Mitch

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just bought my 2012 in August. It had 17" wheels and that's what I wanted on it for maximum sidewall. Not interested in purchasing new 20" tires & wheels to fit over Wilwoods.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good news is: the Blackstone Laboratories oil test just came back with a big thumbs up (it had 143,000 miles). For now, it's just getting stainless brake lines, new rotors and EBC pads.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm sure I missed the whole point to this post on upgraded brakes for an F150... :)

But, I got these Power Stop Z36 4 wheel rotor/pad setup off of amazon for just under $500 delivered to my door in 2 days.

Mitch
Same, the powerstops are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts

I got them in Sept of 2017 and they are doing very well and no warp like the OEM's did on me.

Tow a #7000 TT now and they work great for that too..

Not looking to road race the thing, so don't really need a 3 grand set of brakes..

Anyway, just for some pic candy, here is what I got... ha, ha..

Mitch
I did the same thing. Those power stops are nice. I was quoted $375 to do OEM brakes all around and only the front rotors. Spent $450 on the power stops for all 4 brake sets and all 4 rotors from amazon. Great deal and work very well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 38 of 38 Posts