F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone experienced upper noise by the bushings like creeking,2014 150 ecoboost platinum,65,000 miles with front level bilstein shocks.i sprayed triflow all over bushings and i think it cured it.are they shot or what.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
has anyone experienced upper noise by the bushings like creeking,2014 150 ecoboost platinum,65,000 miles with front level bilstein shocks.i sprayed triflow all over bushings and i think it cured it.are they shot or what.
Had same thing in my old 2013 with Bilsteins, I just sprayed it as well and it went away

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine creeked something fierce. Tried lubing the snot out of it to no help. Ended up breaking out the pressure washer and having at the underside and suspension of truck. Completely got rid of the creeking that could be heard from 2 blocks away when driving.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
You spraying the upper mount or the shaft’s entry point into the tube? If you’re spraying the upper mount your problem isn’t the shock and chances are it’s either dirty or rusty. Now if you’re spraying the shaft where it goes into the seal and the noise changes you’ve got a shock problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My case I believe was exactly as you stated, dirty. HELLA dirty as the truck was an oil field/mud road truck in her past life. Rode hard and put away wet kinda truck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
noise isnt by the shocks its the upper control arm bushings.i think noise is gone since i sprayed them.wasnt sure if bushings need to be changed or just alittle lube.

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
I've had to lube mine once and it was definitely the aftermarket upper control arm bushings. They squeaked like a 20 year old Dodge. Lol

Shot a little grease into the zerts and magically the truck got quite after a few trips down the ¼ mile bumpy road-driveway.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I've had to lube mine once and it was definitely the aftermarket upper control arm bushings. They squeaked like a 20 year old Dodge. Lol

Shot a little grease into the zerts and magically the truck got quite after a few trips down the ¼ mile bumpy road-driveway.

I’ve never heard a grease fitting called a zert before. Is that real or a typo? Something new everyday.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
HA! Looked it up, tons of reference to a zert. Maybe it’s a regional thing.

Can’t trust the internet but I did find this. Zerk was an abbreviated version of his name. Thanks Snake, you at least got the gray matter turning today.

"Oskar Zerkowitz emigrated to the United States and changed his name to "Oscar Ulysses Zerk". He was also known as "Oscar V. Zerk". He became a world-famous inventor and one of his most prominent creations was a grease fitting known as "the zerk". This was a lubrication system which became the basis for those used on nearly every car, truck, plane, and other mechanized vehicle. At the time of his death in 1968, it was estimated that 20 billion of these fittings had been manufactured."

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah just thought it was a interesting read. After all the years of actually using something and knowing the history is pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
Lol

Don't EVER give me the benefit of the doubt when it comes to spelling or pronunciation.

I catch grief even from other southerners.
Some folks ask me to say certain words or phrases repeatedly just so they can hear it again and laugh.

Been that way all my life. Lol

OK, it's zerk.

Never too old to learn.

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
You're full of grace GearHead, and I appreciate it. But it looks like I'm officially ignorant according to TractorsByNet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts