F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a clean and simple set of instructions with images for installing a UPR Dual Valve Catch Can on your 2015 Ecoboost F150 or Expedition

( Only an 11mm wrench or socket is required to remove and re-install the factory mounting stud ) ** Allen Key is included for UPR Catch Can **

1. The installation requires you to lift the wire harness off the stud on the driver side fan shroud stud.

UPR 2015 Catch Can Mount-1k.jpg

2. Then remove the fan shroud stud and position the catch can in place then re-install the stud and wire harness.

3. Important tip is to keep the screws on the top of the catch can loose so you can rotate the can to relax the lines.

UPR 2015 Dirty Side-1-1k.jpg

4. Next you will remove the passenger side PCV hose that runs from the valve cover to the intake manifold by the throttle body.

UPR 2015 Hose Routing-5-1k.jpg

5. Now you will run the dirty side line from the top of the catch can to the passenger side valve cover. (5/8 line with no check valve)

6. Now you will run the clean side line from the side of the catch can to the passenger side throttle body. (5/8 line with check valve closest to the catch can)

7. Next you will need to remove the driver side line with the EPS sensor and install the UPR one way EPS sensor line in place.

UPR 2015 EPS Side-6-1k.jpg

UPR 2015 EPS Install-7-1k.jpg
We now offer a brand new Patent Pending ECSS that incorporates the factory sensor and electronics and will not trip the CEL.

They can be purchased for any 2015 and newer f150 Ecoboost and will work with any catch can system.

http://www.uprproducts.com/ford-billet-clean-side-separator.html

UPR F150 ECSS.jpg

8. Lastly you will install the short line for the WOT connection from the quick connector on the EPS to the driver side of the catch can.

UPR 2015 Can Diagram-8-1k.jpg

9. Now you can tighten the catch can bolts and lock the can in place and double check all your connections

UPR 2015 Catch Can Installed-9-1k.jpg

10. Start your engine let it idle and walk around and check everything one last time and your all set.

Thank you for Choosing UPRproducts.com

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is this a 3.5 F150? My engine bay is configured a bit different. Where the the fuse box is in this installation photo I have the radiator overflow (degas?) tank. I'll see if I can post photo later. The only place to mount is on that stud, or on a hole that's just to the right. If I do that, it's got a pretty good angle... I don't think I have the wire harness that you're referring too....Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Is this a 3.5 F150? My engine bay is configured a bit different. Where the the fuse box is in this installation photo I have the radiator overflow (degas?) tank. I'll see if I can post photo later. The only place to mount is on that stud, or on a hole that's just to the right. If I do that, it's got a pretty good angle... I don't think I have the wire harness that you're referring too....Thoughts?
Your right! Good catch. That don't look like my 3.5 ecoboost engine bay either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what the 2015 F150 engine bay looks like and the can mounts the same way just using a nut and bolt.
Sorry for the confusion as I have already seen the Truck with both setups and it seems to depend on the build
dates. Other than that they are identical hose and system setups.

DSC_1489.jpg

This is the setup installed on MAK Performance 2015 Ecoboost F150 Truck apparently the Expedition still runs
similar to the 2011-2014 Ecoboost Setups. The can does sit at the same angle in either vehicle as you can see
it on MAK's fan shroud.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mounting seems odd to me. It just doesn't seem right. A lot of quality in the kit for sure but the mounting bracket seems to be more a universal than a design solution.

I'm installing this weekend but I almost want put a bend in the bracket and shorten it a bit so that it fits level and rests along the fan shroud.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
i have no wire harness or stud on my truck in that location, just a hole....

i will have to use a nut and bolt, luckily i have a size here that will work. i may try to order the oem stud piece tho
not thrilled with this can mounting to a thin plastic shroud either...i do wonder if it can mount in the same location as that "other" brand, ill have to try it.
i started attempting it tonight but after a couple snags and wanting to try a couple different things i stopped and packed it up. ill try again this weekend and report back

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With the install using a nut and bolt you should run a washer on the bottom before the nut. There is no issue or problem with
installing it in the plastic shroud. If you have any questions you can message the guys at MAK about their truck and they will
give you the best advice and feedback.

Joe

·
Registered
77 Posts
i have no wire harness or stud on my truck in that location, just a hole.... i will have to use a nut and bolt, luckily i have a size here that will work. i may try to order the oem stud piece tho not thrilled with this can mounting to a thin plastic shroud either...i do wonder if it can mount in the same location as that "other" brand, ill have to try it. i started attempting it tonight but after a couple snags and wanting to try a couple different things i stopped and packed it up. ill try again this weekend and report back
I'm trying to find a better method of mounting. I don't like the way its done. Very little went into how this was to mount. I don't like how the can is tilted either. I'm thinking of cutting the bracket so its sorter and making a plastic shim so that the can is level. And rest along the fan shroud. Its only one mounting hole rather than two so it's going to move. Plus, trying to get a washer and nut up to where that whole is at is a *****! A solution from UPR might be something similar to the the quick release system they're working on. More solid specific mounting bracket that the CC can easily separate from - and that keeps the CC level and not angled!

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm trying to find a better method of mounting. I don't like the way its done. Very little went into how this was to mount. I don't like how the can is tilted either. I'm thinking of cutting the bracket so its sorter and making a plastic shim so that the can is level. And rest along the fan shroud. Its only one mounting hole rather than two so it's going to move. Plus, trying to get a washer and nut up to where that whole is at is a *****! A solution from UPR might be something similar to the the quick release system they're working on. More solid specific mounting bracket that the CC can easily separate from - and that keeps the CC level and not angled!
Plenty of thought went into the mounting bracket and location. The system was mounted where it is most centralized for all the connections and space. I tried a variety of setups with the can and found that bringing the can up to the vertical position created too much pressure on the mounting location and was flimsy. So then I extended the bracket to be able to tip the can a bit to contact the fan shroud to eliminate bouncing or any unneeded strain and to make it a very strong mounting location. The washer just takes a steady hand to install and yes it is tight. Also the location of the hoses when tilted fits nicely under the intake tube and keeps the dirty line below the front radiator cover visually.

With the Solution scenario being brought up, I will start tinkering with a quick release system option for our setup. I do appreciate the feedback and am always here to work with everyone.

Joe

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks Joe! This can is loaded with quality...you guys have done an outstanding job with this product. I'm looking to do the clean side upgrade as soon as it's available and I really do look forward to an alternate mount option. You guys are first class in my book!

·
Registered
77 Posts
While awaiting a solution from UPR, I made a bracket that levels the can. Ideally, I'd like to see a supplied mounting bracket that had a bend at the right angle and about where the can starts - that would work - and supply a bolt, wide washer, and lock nut. You could also put another bracket on the bottom for additional support against the fan shroud - it would have to be a different length but might work? I would have put the bend in my self but I don't have the right equipment or another bracket in case I screwed it up...can i buy another? Can you put a bend in one for me? Here are the pics of mine.

image-2368508046.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thought I'd share my truck that's running UPR!

image-3900264971.jpg

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If anyone experiences a CEL on the 2015 F150 Ecoboost trucks. It is a simple vacuum sensor that monitor's the PCV system range at that particular sensor and some vehicles can trip this idiot light. So what we have ready is just to disconnect the WOT line and install your stock vacuum sensor line back in place and we have a OEM connector that we can send you to cap off the WOT line till the vacuum simulator is ready. Either way the vacuum sensor is only to sense leaks in the system or changes in the voltage range. The system does change the range 1/2 to 3/4 of a volt because it makes better vacuum than the stock system does.

It's more important to have the system running on your truck and just sacrifice the WOT line till the new update is ready than to have no Catch Can at all is a big No No....

Anyone can contact us for the OEM connector to block off the WOT connection if they experience any issues..

Thank you, Joe

1 - 20 of 102 Posts