41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
4,603 Posts

·
Vendor
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So after this fix its no longer a dual valve system? Is this the actual fix or is this to get us by for now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It will always be a Dual Valve Catch Can as the Dual Valve refers to the fact that it has a WOT connection. The passenger side check valve is the only one that is a fully functional purpose driver setup. This is going to be the actual update and fix to the system.

There will be an optional UPR Billet PCV replacement fitting that is something we are developing every Ford vehicle to improve the factory system..

·
Registered
77 Posts
So, just to clear any confusion that I'm sure will ensue...will those that are NOT experiencing a CEL, will it be advised to upgrade to the revision? Will this revision be a product performance upgrade or simply a remedy to those with CEL issues? Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Drained at about 1600 miles.

image-1674983041.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Any updates on the 15 setup??

·
Vendor
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I PM'd Joe over a week a go that I'd pay him for a new clean side hose without the one-way valve and a longer driver side hose. He has not responded yet.
Sorry for the delay I am PM me this morning and we will get it handled today.

Joe

·
Registered
89 Posts
So you are telling me the CEL that is now on my BRAND NEW truck is because of a product that I spend almost $400 on?
Is this the part you are talking about that you are supposed to gut?

if so there was nothing in it. To be very honest I am really not happy. Crappy mounting (gonna have to come up with something MUCH BETTER, if I keep the product), didn't come with a mounting screw (cheap and poor planning of no good mounting place), CEL on due to expensive purchase...yup really not happy as of this point. I am holding off of reviewing the product on stage 3s website pending what is done about this issue. I wish I would have done more research prior to purchase.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just a quick update on the driver side connection for any one that has a CEL light turn on. The fix is to just remove the driver side line and with two wrenches open up the one way valve over a table and remove the cage, spring and disc from it and then close it back up. This will eliminate the CEL after you reset it. Then you will also retain the WOT evacuation line and function on your UPR Dual Valve Catch Can system. This is only for anyone that has turned on the CEL. A new option we are working on as well is the addition of a replacement for the PCV valve on the passenger side to increase the vacuum and airflow that has been helping to eliminate the demand on the CSS system and allow the system to function with a much better flow characteristic to the passenger side also allowing the system to actually reduce the crankcase pressure demand throughout the RPM range.

UPR has not stopped working on perfecting the Ecoboost PCV system, as I have been very busy working on how to remove the bottle necks from the factory system that create such a load on the drivers side.
pictures would be nice...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the UPR drain Valve? I went to drain my can today and my valve fell apart. I want to see if I got all the parts. I did eventually get the drain open once I removed the can from the truck and the drainage smell just like gas, not oil. Hopefully this truck will last me a long time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the UPR drain Valve? I went to drain my can today and my valve fell apart. I want to see if I got all the parts. I did eventually get the drain open once I removed the can from the truck and the drainage smell just like gas, not oil. Hopefully this truck will last me a long time.
I'll see if i can get pictures of mine. Mine leaks a bit. I had to take everything apart and thread seal everything. Just be careful, its easy to damage the paint. So far its held up. Ive been really trying to hold out for a solid mounting solution. The clamp version I'm not confident will work as there is no mounting location- at least as they've described. Luckily I've not had any CEL issues

·
Vendor
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
This system has been in testing and was not released until we tried many variations. The problem is the Vacuum Pressure Sensor and the fact that is operates well out of the standard range and we have even been through this with Ford Techs and they are too seeing the issue on some trucks that don't have any catch can installed tripping the light. The acceptable voltage was supposed to go from 2.5 to 5 Volts between vacuum and positive pressure and the sensors have been going above and below the range as we have tested almost 500 sensors and have had 1/3 of them fall outside of our acceptable range by Ford's parameters and this has been an ongoing process as we kept trying them.

Now we are working on an option that can adjust the range within the tuners to see what can be done. But along the way we have discovered some good progress by designing a billet PCV valve bypass for the passenger side valve cover that is going to be an option for all ecoboost owners to reduce a lot of back pressure that has been forcing positive pressure out the driver side valve cover PCV fitting and thus creating oil blow-by into the driver turbo during wide open throttle. This is an option one of our partners has been working on with us.

Lastly we are also working on a support stud to mount between the bracket and the shroud to be able to adjust the catch can angle and eliminate the system from moving around. I am working with a Tech right now on the mount and will have his feedback by mid next week. I am always trying to improve and our update products and will have a new mounting solution in the next week.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I did receive a second "can" with my setup.

I thought it it was a mistake since none of the videos or pictures had it installed or being installed. Am I supposed to install it? If so where? (Pictures are worth 1000 words...)

As of this morning I am back to a stock set up

·
Vendor
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I did receive a second "can" with my setup.

I thought it it was a mistake since none of the videos or pictures had it installed or being installed. Am I supposed to install it? If so where? (Pictures are worth 1000 words...)

As of this morning I am back to a stock set up

Pm,d you.

Joe

41 - 60 of 102 Posts