F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steps to clean and maintain your UPR Catch Can System.

1. You will need Dawn or Palmolive Dish Soap ( Not to be confused with any other cleaners that may be harmful to the aluminum and anodized finish. )
Just mix up a few gallons of Hot water with dish soap. Preferably a brand that cleans over or baked dishes well.

2. Have a drain bucket or pale to catch the discharge from the UPR Catch Can. ( Generally, you won't get much from the engine bay kit and you're likely to get plenty from MEGA Catch Can. )
It's normal to have a milky or dark colored sludge that will be the primary residue you see being diluted and released when you drain your UPR Catch Can.

3. Now all you have to do is unplug the center dirty line Plug n Play™ connector to be able to pour the solution into the UPR Catch Can to break-up any residue left in the UPR Catch Can and
let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes and then you can open the drain valve and drain the catch can. ( This can be repeated a few times if your can is discharging a lot of PCV waste. )

4. For fittings and or hose you can also use the the same hot soapy water mixture to clean them properly. ( Always be sure to rinse all the soap off and wipe dry to avoid spotting. )

5. NOTE: It's best to clean your UPR Catch Can System after the vehicle has been driven and the Catch Can is Hot/Warm so the contents are already loose to best remove any sludge or waste
in the bottom of the UPR Catch Can making it much easier to clean.

Feel free to share any tips or tricks you have used as well with your UPR Catch Can System.

Thank you, Joe

·
Administrator
7,787 Posts
What I have found works best for my mega can is the following:
1) drain what liquid is in the can from the petcock valve
2) remove the 3 hoses on top of the can and remove the can from the truck
3) place multiple layers of painters tap over the holes on the two outside fittings
4) pour warm water into the middle fitting and cover hole with your thumb
5) shake the can vigorously and drain out the petcock valve
6) repeat steps 4 and 5 a few times to ensure can is completely clean.

I typically do this before winter and after winter.

I would assume that this would not mess with the innards of the can @UPRjoe?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts