1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
310 Posts
Reducing crankcase pressure is an old hot rodding trick. Might keep the oil pan from leaking. Valve cover gaskets too. In theory it’s worth a try. More longevity benefit than actual power.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Isnt that what the pcv does? And why its routed to just before the turbo on one side, so that there is something actively pulling on the crank?

Im pretty sure this would have the opposite effect.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Isnt that what the pcv does? And why its routed to just before the turbo on one side, so that there is something actively pulling on the crank?

Im pretty sure this would have the opposite effect.
I think these have a check valve so only when under boost it releases the excess pressure. The only down side is any blow by will be all over your engine bay and in the air so it will smell like an oil leak lol
Not sure on the clean side though..

·
Registered
310 Posts
It would be more of a “relief” valve than anything else. Allowing excessive pressure to escape. If anything it would work with the pcv valve. Once again, in theory it should work that way.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered it,,, will review it... in theory it should only open and vent crank case pressure under full throttle and with the check valves it will be secured as if the oil cap was on the valve cover under normal driving condition...

I will find out about the smell and or other aspects shortly...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
came on the mail, great looking piece and really good quality. I will get it installed this weekend!!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Put mine on yesterday. I had been driving for about an hour and then parked in the driveway. When I took the fill cap off to install the UPR you should have seen the cloud of vapor fog come out!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put mine on yesterday. I had been driving for about an hour and then parked in the driveway. When I took the fill cap off to install the UPR you should have seen the cloud of vapor fog come out!
Have not put mine on yet. been raining too bad..... will report when I do.....

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
I've had mine on for 3-4 weeks. I have no signs of oil residue or oil smell(yet anyway).

Billet Breather.jpg

·
Registered
509 Posts
Are you guys using this breather in conjunction with the catch can or by itself?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Notice any changes in how the engine runs or idles?
Idle is smooth. Mid and upper rpms, engine has a more "free feeling"; if that makes any sense

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Are you guys using this breather in conjunction with the catch can or by itself?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I'm using mine with a UPR Mega Can Dual Valve with CSS and pro valves

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
installed the breather finally....no catch can for me, but maybe int he future.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd be interested to know if you notice any reduction in the fluids trapped by your Catch Can with this installed. My '13 has over 100,000 miles and have never had any problems with condensation until recently. Live in the Florida Panhandle where it's quite humid normally, but has been much more so since Hurricane Michael's visit. Three times the normal rainfall in December!

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Well, here in Ks I empty my can once a week during winter months and usually can fill a 20oz pop bottle 3/4 full. In the summer I could go all summer and empty once and get the same amount. But I have not seen any change in the amount collected since adding the breather. My truck has 121k on it.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not sure what benefit other than the vented pressure releasing under heavy throttle..... with out the catch can et up.... but I can't see how it would have a negative impact...

its a well constructed part, great quality and easy installation..... so that is a major plus

·
Registered
310 Posts
An update on mine, it was blowing oil out of the breather top. Not much but enough to spit all over the valve cover... 3-4 ounces is what it looked like. Removed for now. I’m completely stock and drive like an old guy.

I did have several WOT freeway entry’s prior to checking under the hood

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
14 Participants
UPRjoe
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing