F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Little update......

As you can see, I have not experienced the oil all over the engine bay ....... been doing its thing for me......

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
I have had mine on 2 months now , ordered before this thread came out . I was a bit worried it was going to make a mess , but i have no signs of oil and i have been running it hard. I also installed one on my Raptor 6.2 and it is also dry light oil mist on bottom side. no oil on breather itself . I did notice some of you bottomed out the breather pushing as far down on stem as possible , i installed breather as high as could go and still tighten hose clamp, this just give a little more room for oil to accumulate and may drip it way down back into valve cover. If your seeing a ton of oil coming out i would say you have a good amount blowby . I did have one instance where idle was funky on a remote start , i was running late for work was boosting pretty hard , and pulled in shut off truck ran in to punch in , going home end of the day remote started and idle was wonky and then smoothed out after 20 seconds. Think it was that the check valve may been stuck open. Only did it the one time.
After reading this about moving the breather part up I decided to give it a try. Well it seems to have worked. Since then I have had no oil residue or any signs of more oil on the breather.

·
Registered
411 Posts
That is good man. I was under hood of both my trucks this weekend , still no oil.

·
Registered
97 Posts
@UPRjoe What is the cost of this kit?

·
Vendor
438 Posts
@UPRjoe What is the cost of this kit?
The kit retails for $249.99 and if you call in and ask for Steve he will do it for $199.99 as a f150ecoboost.net special. for
anyone that has the UPR billet one-way breather already they can ask for this kit minus the UPR billet one-way breather
the kit cost will be $149.99.

All specials are only available by calling Steve direct at UPR - Ph:561-588-6630

Have a great weekend, Joe

·
Registered
53 Posts
Been running it for a while now with about 8,000 miles on it. A lot of heavy towing and boosted launches. Even running high boost. Still no sign of oil. I decided to open it up and it was completely dry. A buddy and I went ahead did some testing on how well the check valve functioned. With scientific measures ( we used a vape) we actually saw that the check valve wasn’t necessarily making a complete seal when in vacuum. That worried me as I live in dry SoCal and do very frequent desert trips. All that dust seeping into my engine. I like the idea of it but didn’t seem to work the best in my situation. Just felt like sharing with y’all.

Attachments

·
Vendor
438 Posts
Been running it for a while now with about 8,000 miles on it. A lot of heavy towing and boosted launches. Even running high boost. Still no sign of oil. I decided to open it up and it was completely dry. A buddy and I went ahead did some testing on how well the check valve functioned. With scientific measures ( we used a vape) we actually saw that the check valve wasn’t necessarily making a complete seal when in vacuum. That worried me as I live in dry SoCal and do very frequent desert trips. All that dust seeping into my engine. I like the idea of it but didn’t seem to work the best in my situation. Just felt like sharing with y’all.
You will never have anything get pulled through the one-way valve into the crankcase as when your driving there is always positive pressure. At idle most ecoboost engines have a bit of positive pressure and the slightest vacuum will seal as the PTFE ball is very pliable when it's hot and it will seal safely.

The design with the coalescing mesh internally eliminates anything from traveling backwards and the filter on top absolutely seals your crankcase from anything being able to get it. If you had a filter of any sort that will allow dirt through as these are S&B filters.

Just to share the design and function of the UPR one way breather. Also to let you know that the protection is 100%. We have a lot of customers that have been running them over the last 4 years in the desert and extremely dry areas with reduced engine temps and eliminating crankcase pressure. We also do not recommend any filter oil as that tends to clog them.

UPR is also working on a filter sock for the desert style dry conditions with extremely fine sand applications

Thank you, Joe

·
Registered
411 Posts
Changed oil in my Raptor yesterday no signs of oil around the breather . Pushing 12 pounds boost on the 6.2 engine .

·
Registered
411 Posts
You will never have anything get pulled through the one-way valve into the crankcase as when your driving there is always positive pressure. At idle most ecoboost engines have a bit of positive pressure and the slightest vacuum will seal as the PTFE ball is very pliable when it's hot and it will seal safely.

The design with the coalescing mesh internally eliminates anything from traveling backwards and the filter on top absolutely seals your crankcase from anything being able to get it. If you had a filter of any sort that will allow dirt through as these are S&B filters.

Just to share the design and function of the UPR one way breather. Also to let you know that the protection is 100%. We have a lot of customers that have been running them over the last 4 years in the desert and extremely dry areas with reduced engine temps and eliminating crankcase pressure. We also do not recommend any filter oil as that tends to clog them.

UPR is also working on a filter sock for the desert style dry conditions with extremely fine sand applications

Thank you, Joe
Interested in that filter sock living out here in the Central Arizona desert.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Changed oil in my Raptor yesterday no signs of oil around the breather . Pushing 12 pounds boost on the 6.2 engine .
See I’m not sure if it’s actually relieving any pressure at all. I had no oil even when I took off the filter too look. And I run 20+ boost. I’m thinking ford did a really good job on relieving pressure.

·
Vendor
438 Posts
See I’m not sure if it’s actually relieving any pressure at all. I had no oil even when I took off the filter too look. And I run 20+ boost. I’m thinking ford did a really good job on relieving pressure.
When you get minimal oil out of the breather or none at all it's a direct result of ring seal. I have multiple ecoboost vehicles and you know the old saying if you got a monday car or friday car. I see many 18 and 19 Raptor's that have tons of blowby and wet filters and some that get a tiny bit and others that get nothing at all.

We haven't seen any noticeable difference in oil consumption or actual pcv oil flow as they run the same as the 11-17 engines and we do see many customers that catch as much as 6oz. of straight oil without any condensation. We've been working hard on many new setups for the ecoboost platform as we get calls from owners that share their results everyday.

I will keep everyone updated on the new filter socks and our new line improvements for the PCV system and positive crankcase pressure solutions. I love hearing everyone's feedback as it a great way for the community to stay on top of the latest problems and solutions.

Joe

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
14 Participants
UPRjoe
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing