F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I would have bought the mega can over the regular can if it was an option when I ordered mine. I just have to empty it a bit more often...oh well.

·
Administrator
7,775 Posts
Well I was on the edge about buying a catch can for over 6 months and finally caved and bought myself a birthday gift during Stage 3's black Friday sale. After purchasing, I was still on the edge about what I could have spent the money on (lights, CAC, more lights) but glad I did keep it, after talking with Erick.
Install was not as easy as I would have thought, mainly due to the horrible instructions included from UPR (no offense joe, they just need revised). I have now since out about 150 miles on the truck and was curious if it was even working because after 50 miles the can was still empty.

Who knew what 100 more miles would do:

Sent from mobile using tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yea, I wondered if it was working at first too. I spent the first 600 miles driving it in the DFW summer of 90+ degree days and 80s overnight in my garage. But now, the last 800 miles have been in much cooler weather (but still in my garage overnight never getting below 50 degrees) and I've caught a lot more. Glad to not have that crap in my engine.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
As the temps keep falling i cant believe the amount of crud i am catching. This is after 600km.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do I need to purchase the dual valve with css, or can I get away with saving a boat load with just the single.

·
Vendor
438 Posts
The purpose of the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can is the WOT evacuation and that is one of the most critical factors. When there is any load on the engine and the turbo's make any boost the primary line closes from the boost and that's when the magic happens. The WOT line is then doing all the work to evacuate the crankcase and that cannot happen with the single so you end up either boosting the crankcase or vapor locking the flow and the crankcase and the engine will flood the clean side and pull a ton of oil into the turbo inlet tube and through the engine.

Remember the cost of these vehicles and the benefits of keeping the intake tract as clean and oil free as possible will make up the difference in MPG and overall performance without any question.

Joe

21 - 27 of 27 Posts