·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPR Official Update !

Were headed over to Ford to Update some trucks with the new UPR kits
for the 5.0L and Ecoboost all equipped with our latest Upgrades. I just
wanted to share the news and let everyone know that we have already
pre-sold over 100+ Kits as of 9am this morning.

I am personally headed to one of our machine shops to work on a custom
Nickel Tee to make the UPR Clean Side Separator a breeze to install. NICE
Simple Plug and Play Installation.

I will be back on after all our pictures and both installations are wrapped
up. These kits are going to exceed your expectations, as the Quality and
Performance linked to a winning price point were all key factors.

Have a great day and we'll be back soon to share the day !

UPRproducts.com / Joe

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on the UPR Ecoboost Dual Valve Catch Can.

I have decided to ship and sell the new UPR Patent Pending Dual Valve Catch Can to give everyone more than they ever expected for a $349.99 Package.

This kit is 100% Billet and Stainless construction. It offers incredible performance and great looks all in one package.

- No Plastic Fittings ! - No Drilling ! - Pre-Cut Braided Hose ! - Incredible Performance ! -

UPR F150 Dual Valve Catch Can.jpg

I will add the write up later this evening.

Joe

·
Registered
35 Posts
So is this catch can the one in the pics above what we will be receiving from Eco power parts for those of us that preordered today.

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is,

I want UPR to be sure and supply our dealers and customers with the Highest Quality in the industry. I had to make
sure the disclosure we filed several months ago was enough to protect our design. After speaking with our Patent
Attorney on the merit of our disclosure we decided to release it.

The UPR Dual Valve Catch Can and Clean Side Separator Package includes the following:

UPR Clean Side Separator (Multi-Stage Filtration)
UPR 3/8" Goodyear Braided Hose
UPR 5/8" Goodyear Braided Hose
UPR Billet Hose Ends with Clamps
UPR Nickel Tee Fitting (5/8" x 3/8")
UPR OEM 5/8" Factory Connectors
UPR F150 Dual Check Valve Catch Can
UPR Nickel Fittings and Nickel Drain Cock
UPR Adjustable Mounting Bracket (Allows 360 degree rotation of UPR Catch Can)

The UPR Dual Valve Catch Can and Clean Side Separator Installation Steps:

1. Remove factory engine cover
2. Remove the factory PCV line from the passenger side valve cover and the intake manifold.
3. Route the two 37.5" and 40" Hose from inside the engine bay under the harness along the battery tray between the radiator to the front.
4. Now locate the air temp sensor and relocate it then install the 1/4" screw in it's place and mount the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can. ( just snug it so it will still move )
5. Now simply install the hose with the check valve on the left side of the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can the attach the other end to the intake manifold.
6. Now the other hose connects to the top of the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can and then to the valve cover.
7. Now the passenger side is complete for hose connections.
8. Remove the factory PCV line from the driver side valve cover and the lower intake tube.
9. Now connect the supplied hose to the lower intake tube and run it through the front between the radiator around to the right side of the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can.
10. Install the UPR Clean Side Separator and once it locks in place keep rotating the housing clockwise till the fitting is facing 5 o'clock when facing the driver-side fender.
11. Now install the 3/8 Braided from the UPR Clean Side Separator to the UPR Nickel Tee fitting and you have just completed the install.

Now start your engine and check all the connections and install the engine cover and your ready to catch every foreign vapor and unwelcome crankcase waste.

We recommend checking your system weekly and cleaning your can every six months to get the best performance.

Thank you and feel free to ask questions, Joe / UPRproducts.com

You can purchase UPR Catch Can kits from the following Dealers

Stage 3 Motorsports - http://www.stage3motorsports.com/2011-2012-2103-F150-Ecoboost-Performance-Parts.html

Eco Power Parts - http://shop.ecoboostpowerparts.com/

MAK Performance - Welcome to MAK Performance Group -

CJ Pony Parts - 2011-2014 Ford F-150 EcoBoost Parts | CJ Pony Parts

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
How come you do not go to the passenger side turbo inlet?

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is an optional kit we will offering shortly for the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can.

But we have tested it both ways and found that the biggest difference was just scavenging more oil vapor. Our intention is
to deliver a very clean package that everyone can install and get the benefit of the vacuum at WOT. The dual vacuum only
increased the amount of oil vapor we pulled out of the engine. Yes, if you want to say look I captured this much more oil.

Then it's for you, but if you're looking at the benefits then don't expect much.

The reality in the difference in MPG and performance was so nominal it did not make sense to have to drill in to that for the
average enthusiast. If were talking about accomplishing the same thing and keeping the engine dry and great performance
then this accomplishes it without question. Like I mentioned we do offer the upgrade for the passenger side WOT vacuum
modification.

I am sharing the fact that 99% of the end users will never see any more than just additional oil collection. The Mileage and
Performance don't translate to anything beneficial enough to justify the additional work and or modifications taking you
away from a True Bolt-On package.

The object is to make sure you are eliminating positive crank case pressure in every situation. I know this is going to create
some controversy, but the fact is the benefits do not justify the modification.

Thank you for asking.

Joe

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Is one of the biggest reason's for putting a catch can on this system to limit any oil going into the intake valves thus preventing valve coking?

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another reason is for optimal combustion in the chamber for power and efficiency. Oil in your cylinder will
cause detonation and terrible combustion from getting on the plugs and and decrease spark plug life and
overall performance.

·
Registered
106 Posts
On step 11 of install instructions you say that the clean side connects to the nickel tee and your complete. Where exactly is the nickel tee located in the hose from the drivers side intake going back to the can?

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a the location of the UPR Nickel Tee in the WOT line to give you the vacuum
needed and eliminate the mounting the line elsewhere and having to drill or modify
your factory or aftermarket cold air kits.

UPR Clean Side Separator.jpg

The UPR Clean Side Separator can be rotated 360 after it is screwed in the valve cover
so you can point the vacuum line fitting in whatever direction you desire. We took the
design further than all the other clean side separators using OEM style plastic oil caps
with a very simple separator.

UPR Clean Side Separator Internal 2.jpg

UPR Clean Side Separator with the lower screen removed so you can see the floor with
a 13 Hole floor built in to give you enough flow to perform properly. Then the upper floor
screen seat is lower in the middle and raised to the outside for proper drainage back to
the engine.

UPR Clean Side Separator Internal 3.jpg

UPR Clean Side Separator with the lower screen installed in the screen seat for the first
stage of the oil vapor stripping process. The screen is a perforated .042 mesh to force
oil vapor to collect and return back to the bottom.

UPR Clean Side Separator Internal 1.jpg

Then comes the SS mesh and the upper screen for the second stage of the oil collecting
process and final barrier before the air exits the UPR Clean Side Separator.

UPR Clean Side Separator Installed.jpg

Here is the final of the UPR Clean Side Separator installed showing the Nickel Tee
connection and location with the Engine Cover Installed.

Quality is Vital for UPRproducts.com !

Joe

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quick Installed Shot of the new Single Valve Catch Can on the F150 Ecoboost (This kit installs the same on the 5.0L F150 just on the lower mount)

UPR F150 Catch Can Installation.jpg

I really love how easy this kit installs and the incredible performance it gives you !

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can't wait to get my dual valve can. Tried explaining to my wife why I bought one for the truck...... We all know how that went!

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Can't wait to get my dual valve can. Tried explaining to my wife why I bought one for the truck...... We all know how that went!

Hahaha, that's why I don't have one yet. She doesn't understand the truck addiction!

Reactions: UPRjoe and Brewman

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahaha, that's why I don't have one yet. She doesn't understand the truck addiction!
Just do what I do it never fails.

Honey you should get your hair done and a manicure this weekend. Then I slip in whatever I need after she gets back, Oh
by the way I just got this new part and it really helps my truck run so much better.

Sometimes it doesn't even register and that's even better.

LOL.....

For the guys who use this - you know the drill.

Please don't share these " ancient gear head secrets " with your ladies and use them wisely !

:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
8. Remove the factory PCV line from the driver side valve cover and the lower intake tube.

Step 8 above what happens to the driver side valve cover connector? Does the kit blank it?

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes we cap that off and delete it to force all the trash to have to go through the clean side separator.

Joe

1 - 20 of 43 Posts