F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a quick video of the new 2011 - 2014 F150 Ecoboost Catch Can System.

We have been working on a simpler system that perform better than our first generation UPR Dual Valve System and remain
in the engine bay to deal with the cold weather issues. We have developed a new SS woven coalescing filter that has proven
to control the fuel, oil and moisture while delivering the performance one would expect from an Incredible Oil Control System.

This system also provided a better location for all the trucks with the Aftermarket larger inter-cooler's that require the extra
space to be mounted without any interference. This required a new 7 inch long fully adjustable mounting bracket that utilizes
the factory stud where the wire harness mounts on the fan shroud. The nicest part of the factory mounting stud is it still has
plenty of room for the new UPR Dual Valve Catch Can Bracket and even allows the factory harness to mount in the stock spot.

5030-80-1-CSS-EB.jpg

The installation will generally take about 20-30 minutes for a complete novice and give you a NO DRILL solution that looks
just like it came from the Factory. This eliminates all the PITA hose routing headaches as well.

5030-80-1-CSS-MOUNT-1k.jpg

Here is a shot of the factory stud that the UPR F150 Ecoboost Catch Can mounts on and still retains the factory mounting
for the wire harness and gives the look and feel that this was a factory installed system.

5030-80-1-Hoses-1k.jpg

This shows how clean the UPR Catch Can lines will route and the best part is you will not have to drill anything to have
one of the best performing systems available for your F150 Ecoboost Truck.

5030-80-1-CSS INS-1k.jpg

This is how clean the new UPR Extended CSS system looks after installation on a 2011-2014 3.5L F150 Ecoboost Truck.
The best part of it all is this system is Plug n Play and extremely simple to install. The CSS and Turbo WOT vacuum.

5030-80-1-CV-CSS-1k.jpg

This is to show how neatly the line runs from the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can to the Turbo WOT Vacuum with the
UPR Billet Check Valve.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I like the setup. Is there much difference in the performance (how much it catches) vs the in front of the grill mount? It looks like the hose routing is pretty much the same. Also, does it make it more difficult to drain?

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Any special offers on the new updated version of the CSS? My low profile one seems to let quite a bit past it into the air box.

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The new CSS is 89.99 or 59.99 with the exchange of the Low Profile CSS. The new unit does do a much nicer job
due to the increased volume.

The above exchange deal is for UPR customers and for RX customer the exchange price is $79.99 ask for details
by PM if your interested.

Joe

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
That's great. I'll shoot ya a pm soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Joe, I'm interested in the full set up with css. Is this available now? Website still only shows the front grill mount set up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm also interested in how the reduced access affects emptying the can.

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The access is simple and not constricted you just need to hold a container under the can when you empty it or you can just attach a 1/2 id line to the drain and run it to the pan under the car. It really boils down to whatever you prefer.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Joe - I just bought this new kit through stage3 that was delivered today (8/17/2015) but the clean side separator that was shipped to me does not look like the one in your video.
Given that your video says there is a "big" performance difference between old and new, I want to make sure you guys didn't ship me an old one incorrectly. Here are some pics of what was shipped to me. It all looks the same as your video except for the CSS, maybe you've updated them yet again, but mine is certainly "lower profile" than the one in the video which is why I'm concerned you shipped me the wrong one.

IMG_3349.JPG

IMG_3347.JPG

IMG_3346.JPG

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure about the kit that you bought but the CSS that comes with the mega can has aluminum threads that go into the valve cover.

11-14 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4in MEGA Catch Can CSS | UPR

on second thought, the one that you got looks like a cheap China model and does not resemble anything that Stage 3 sells let alone anything that UPR sells as well

Ouch.....

I have taken time to get evolve the kit to be even more plug and play as the cost to build the one pictured for the newest kits is the most expensive
and most involved. I have been updating our kits with a few new things to continually simplify the installation and make the clean side a True PnP
unit.

So yes you do have the latest model with the newest upgrades.

Joe

·
Registered
823 Posts
Thanks for the quick no-drama reply Joe, I'll get it installed this afternoon!
When I ordered, stage3 said they knew the pics they had of the kit on their website aren't correct but they didn't have pictures of the new kit yet - you could email them a few to help prevent confusion in the future. Would be especially helpful since what you guys have in the video isn't what is being shipped anymore either.

I don't think it will help clear things up for milesj05 however who apparently doesn't know his ass from his elbow :confused:

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the quick no-drama reply Joe, I'll get it installed this afternoon!
When I ordered, stage3 said they knew the pics they had of the kit on their website aren't correct but they didn't have pictures of the new kit yet - you could email them a few to help prevent confusion in the future. Would be especially helpful since what you guys have in the video isn't what is being shipped anymore either.

I don't think it will help clear things up for milesj05 however who apparently doesn't know his ass from his elbow :confused:
It's all good and I appreciate the input and will update them.

milesj05 - Eric is a good guy and just representing and looking out for all our best interests. He is just a little more on the
serious side about the product and never afraid to speak his mind. So don't take anything he says the wrong way and remember
all of on here will support each other and be there when there are questions on anything.

With that being said always feel free to contact me or PM me. BTW I would love to have some pictures of the new clean side
system installed as I have been so deeply immersed in all my projects.

Thank you, Joe

·
Vendor
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So the latest kit has 2 check valves?
The check valves are not needed on the driver side as the primary draw is always vacuum at the Turbo and it really does not
matter if there is a check valve or not on that side.

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
Thanks Joe, I was just stating what I was finding throughout the UPR website and Stage3's website and saw no cans that had the fittings coming out from 90° from the can. And I'm guessing this may be the new low-profile CSS.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts