F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
You realize those black elbows are attached to the hoses correct? and the new CSS pushes onto your PCV valve fitting instead of screws in.
Yes. Here are some pictures.
UPR by Travis Decker | Photobucket

The bracket on the grille hits the nipple or the can no matter which way I rotate it.

If I rotate it all the way to the driver's side so that the nipple is laying against the horn, then the other nipple is pointing directly at the grille bracket and you cannot get the hose on.

On the can in their pictures the nipples are all pointing straight up and the connectors can rotate on them. On this can the nipples are elbows and they are in a fixed position.
If this were the straight nipples I would just rotate the elbows but I cannot move these.

·
Vendor
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yes. Here are some pictures.
UPR by Travis Decker | Photobucket

The bracket on the grille hits the nipple or the can no matter which way I rotate it.

If I rotate it all the way to the driver's side so that the nipple is laying against the horn, then the other nipple is pointing directly at the grille bracket and you cannot get the hose on.

On the can in their pictures the nipples are all pointing straight up and the connectors can rotate on them. On this can the nipples are elbows and they are in a fixed position.

If this were the straight nipples I would just rotate the elbows but I cannot move these.
Travis,

The installation requires you to rotate the entire bracket that holds the catch can to the driver side all the way till the fittings will not allow. The left side of the horn bracket has to be bent backward out of the way as far as possible to allow
the catch can to sit all the way back. Once you have done that then you can rotate the can in the catch can bracket properly to allow for best parallel alignment with the front of the vehicle. After seeing your pictures that is the step you have
not completed to get the system in the correct location with the front grille.

Then PM me if you have any further questions.

Thank you, Joe

·
Registered
164 Posts
Travis,

The installation requires you to rotate the entire bracket that holds the catch can to the driver side all the way till the fittings will not allow. The left side of the horn bracket has to be bent backward out of the way as far as possible to allow
the catch can to sit all the way back. Once you have done that then you can rotate the can in the catch can bracket properly to allow for best parallel alignment with the front of the vehicle. After seeing your pictures that is the step you have
not completed to get the system in the correct location with the front grille.

Then PM me if you have any further questions.

Thank you, Joe
I have already bent the horn bracket as far as it will go.

When I rotate the can all the way to the right I can shut the hood but the bracket just barely misses the nipple. There is no room for the hose to fit on it.

^ That is with the can rotated all the way to the right.
In this picture the hood is only latched to the first click. When I shut it all the way, the brackt is about 2mm from the nipple. No room for the hose to go on.
On the original can the nipple is straight up and the hose can be positioned to go back towards the engine.
With this fixed nipple I cannot move the angle.

I cannot find anyone else on this forum or anyone else on the internet that has fixed nipples on the can like this with this truck.
Why was it changed and did anyone actually mount it to this truck to verify it worked?
Do you have a how to video with this can?

What you are telling me to do I have already tried and it does not fit.

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
I have already bent the horn bracket as far as it will go.

When I rotate the can all the way to the right I can shut the hood but the bracket just barely misses the nipple. There is no room for the hose to fit on it.

^ That is with the can rotated all the way to the right.
In this picture the hood is only latched to the first click. When I shut it all the way, the brackt is about 2mm from the nipple. No room for the hose to go on.
On the original can the nipple is straight up and the hose can be positioned to go back towards the engine.
With this fixed nipple I cannot move the angle.

I cannot find anyone else on this forum or anyone else on the internet that has fixed nipples on the can like this with this truck.
Why was it changed and did anyone actually mount it to this truck to verify it worked?
Do you have a how to video with this can?

What you are telling me to do I have already tried and it does not fit.
As frustrating as this is for you, don't get too upset with Joe. Just PM him or email him and he will fix you up. His customer service is right up there with Torrie (@Unleashed)...they are both super helpful and will get you where you need to be. Nowadays, that kind of customer service is hard to come by.

·
Registered
164 Posts
As frustrating as this is for you, don't get too upset with Joe. Just PM him or email him and he will fix you up. His customer service is right up there with Torrie (@Unleashed)...they are both super helpful and will get you where you need to be. Nowadays, that kind of customer service is hard to come by.
I did Pm Joe. He did not respond to my pm.
I called UPR yesterday and they said they needed photos. I sent them photos as soon as I got off the phone and specifically requested that they respond so that I knew they received it.
They never responded either.

Yes it is beyond frustrating and thus far I am not happy.
I am trying to be respectful and patient but when you buy the most expensive system on the market as to not have to deal with this and then still have to it's a bit frustrating.

The product itself seems to be of high quality. It just doesn't work

Worse comes to worse I will just fabricate new brackets.

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Not yet because this kit does not come with nuts. You have to use the bracket extension to mount it.
Ah! So you received the female mounting version?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts