F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm searching for a used crew cab, 4x4, 6.5 foot bed, 3.5 Ecoboost with the max tow and max payload packages. I'm using the following filters for Autotrader;
1. bed length of 6.5 foot
2. trim of XL, XLT, and Lariat
3. year 2012 - 2019
4. engine displacement 3.0 - 3.9
5. location 500 miles from Oregon, but I might have to extend my range nationwide.
6. trying to keep price below $30,000

For Craigslist, I had to resort to just a key word search of f150 ecoboost. Also using type of 'truck' seems to have helped.

I read that the wheels will be unique with 7 lug nuts and the mirrors should be the tow ones, so I've been looking at pictures to narrow down my search.

Any other sites I should try or search suggestions? I have a few leads but nothing definitive.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You and I are searching for the exact same truck. I’d say your filters look good, but you could add Carvana to your search routine ... it’s just hard to get the $30k price with them. I narrow my filters down a little tighter but have had a hard time finding exactly what I want. I have a buddy who’s the marketing director for a local dealership (they own 5 dealerships in town) so he’s putting me in touch with their used car director so I’m hoping he can help find me exactly what I’m looking for.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Are you planning to tow >7,500 lbs. often? If yes, you are on the right track. If not, the standard tow package is sufficient. Add some airbags or RAS to add stability. The max tow, max payload trucks are very hard to find.

·
Registered
197 Posts
This ^^ Unless it’s basically going to be a full time tow truck, probably not necessary to put yourself through that. HDPP trucks are extremely rare, folks here on the forum refer to them as “unicorn trucks”. Find yourself a Max Tow truck, which are very common, and you’ll surely be fine. Best of luck with your search.

Your model year range is a bit broad as well, not that it’s a problem, but there are many notable differences between not just the Gen 12-13 trucks but also the Gen 1-2 ecoboost motor. Do a little searching on the forum and you’ll see what I mean. Don’t want to open that can of worms in this thread being that it’s been discussed elsewhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I’m going to expand my search to include the 5.0 v8 with max tow and hdpp. Same years. I will be towing 7000-8000 lbs wet travel trailer, so I would prefer both packages.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, will the GVWR and payload numbers on the door stickers be similar between both engines? In my notes, I have the GVWR for the 3.5 ecoboost with HDPP at around 8000 lbs.

·
Registered
2017 3.5l ecoboost screw
5 Posts
I'm searching for a used crew cab, 4x4, 6.5 foot bed, 3.5 Ecoboost with the max tow and max payload packages. I'm using the following filters for Autotrader;
1. bed length of 6.5 foot
2. trim of XL, XLT, and Lariat
3. year 2012 - 2019
4. engine displacement 3.0 - 3.9
5. location 500 miles from Oregon, but I might have to extend my range nationwide.
6. trying to keep price below $30,000

For Craigslist, I had to resort to just a key word search of f150 ecoboost. Also using type of 'truck' seems to have helped.

I read that the wheels will be unique with 7 lug nuts and the mirrors should be the tow ones, so I've been looking at pictures to narrow down my search.

Any other sites I should try or search suggestions? I have a few leads but nothing definitive.

Thanks.
kbb.com has some really specific advanced search options. Thats how I found my truck.. I live in CO but flew to Minnesota to go get it. cars.com and carvana.. even true car are good too but I've found kbb to be the best. good luck!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Also, will the GVWR and payload numbers on the door stickers be similar between both engines? In my notes, I have the GVWR for the 3.5 ecoboost with HDPP at around 8000 lbs.
Here's the stickers from a '14 Supercab. Good luck in your search.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,814 Posts
Applies to E rated stock size tires and yes includes the trailer tongue weight and the hitch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok thank you Ark! I looked at a 2013 F-250 last night and the Tire load rating sticker inside the door says to never exceed 2,066# which seemed pretty low to me for a 3/4 ton. The guy has put much bigger wheels and tires on it compared to stock so I wasn't sure how that would impact that load rating. So between 530# of passengers, cargo, some aftermarket mods, a WD hitch, i really don't have a lot of tongue weight left to work with ... am i right on that?

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
You are right about that. Seems low.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could this one have the HDPP? It's a 2014, GVWR 7700, XLT, 3:73 axel ratio. It has max tow, but doesn't specifically call out HDPP.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EB, Magma Red, Max Tow, Sport Pkg.
22 Posts
I'd call and ask to see the yellow door sticker. Found my best searching on autotrader and through ford dealers where I could see the original window sticker. -- good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, I thought you could tell from the window sticker, but I’ll get a picture of the payload as well.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see you’re looking for a HDPP with the 6.5 ft bed. From what I’ve see when going to Ford website and do a build that might be a problem. Seems you can only get HDPP with an 8 ft bed. I’m not sure if the earlier models were available with shorter bed or not.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts