F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have an HP Tunners nGauge that I purchased from 5 Star a few years ago. I ran it in my truck for a few years playing around with tunes here and there. I sold the truck and was curious if it the tuner has any value or be useful to anyone else?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Sure, it's still a good tuning unit. Quite sure it can be unlocked.
Don't toss, send it my way! KM

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Hello everyone, I have an HP Tunners nGauge that I purchased from 5 Star a few years ago. I ran it in my truck for a few years playing around with tunes here and there. I sold the truck and was curious if it the tuner has any value or be useful to anyone else?

Thanks
I hope you returned to stock, and unmarried it before you sold the truck.

I had to screw around for over a week chasing a guy I bought a used X4 from because I went to tune my truck with it and couldn't because it was still married to his truck. Tried scamming me on it.

Finally caught him at his house and made him unmarry it from his super duty before I'd leave his property.

Most tuners only get so many married states before you have to return to manufacture to get it re flashed. It was going to cost me more then the thing was worth to send to SCT to get it unlocked.

Reactions: Grim Reaper

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
I believe the Ngauge is VIN locked even if you set the vehicle back to stock.

It definitely has value though most sell for $200-250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh even better...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I recently purchased a used NGauge over on the other forum at the beginning of the year. It was right around the time that e-motion (manufacturer of the nGauge) went out of business. The seller had to go through a process with either e-motion or 5 Star to have it unlocked from his VIN. I would suggest reaching out to both of them. I’m sure one of them will have the file you need to reset the device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot for the info. Ill do that and then post it for sale. I dont want much for it id just like it put to use.

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,985 Posts
Is that one that connects to the OBD and you can read oil pressure, etc even if not tuning ?

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
I might be interested if there are some things I can monitor with it that isn’t on my dash without a tuner just for the cool factor. Does it send info to iPhone with an app ? Or ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not it doesnt send anything to an app. But it can monitor 6 things at a time.

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
Here ya go Arky.

There's a loooooong list of pids that it can read, but you have to pick 4 or 6 of them to take up the screen.

The leds lining the edge are actually a 7th pid in a linear fashion. Currently my leds are a "load" gauge. Green <> red

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
961 Posts
I might be interested if there are some things I can monitor with it that isn’t on my dash without a tuner just for the cool factor. Does it send info to iPhone with an app ? Or ?
Get a dongle w/bluetooth, OBDlink or similar app.
Several monitors and styles to pick from.
To name a couple:
Screenshot_20201113-151251.png
Screenshot_20210210-212630.png

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
But with the Ngauge I can use tunes later when my warranty is out, right ?

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
But with the Ngauge I can use tunes later when my warranty is out, right ?
Wait!
Was I supposed to wait?

My truck. I bought it from them. So I can't have fun for the first 5 years? Sounds totalitarian to me.

Besides, they don't really want to fix anything for free if they don't have to anyway. Or, it's the other way around and they DO want to and don't even look or care for the footprint of a removed tune.

Obviously I would never bring it to them with the Ngauge even in the truck anywhere.

In my opinion, I either have one with weak piston skirts or I don't. If I do, then I might regret tuning it because that might backfire on me during a warranty claim.

But most warranty claims are for Sync3, moon roof, heated seats, leaking oil pan, lead frame..... You get the point. That tune-footprint, if they actually look for it, isn't really material to the matter.

A blown engine..... Yea, that could bite.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I tuned right away with 5 star tunes and had zero issues.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
I am excited to get this and monitor oil pressure, coolant temp, etc. !

·
Registered
2013 Ford F-150 FX4 Screw Cab
169 Posts

Thanks
I’ll buy it once unlocked bud. Let me know if the other guy backs out.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Reactions: Brignac

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ll buy it once unlocked bud. Let me know if the other guy backs out.
I have one if you want to buy it from me. Had it in my Raptor in 2017 and had some fun with it but I felt the raptor didn't really need a tune. So it's in practically new shape. I bought it new so it's only married to my truck. I'll figure out how to unmarry it. I still have the truck as well but its not tuned any more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts