F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 fx4 and am experiencing a vacuum issue I can not solve. With 94000km on the truck, I am on vacuum pump number 3. Pump 1 was replaced a 60000, pump 2 replaced just recently with 93000km in an attempt to solve the issue I currently have. The issue I am having is the brake pedal often seems very very hard when braking. All new pads and rotors on the truck. The truck also does not hold vacuum for 2 hours. If the truck is shut off and left to sit for at least 2 hours, the brake pedal is hard as a rock when pressed before the truck is started again. All signs point to a vacuum leak somewhere but I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
a guy on here had the same issue all new plumbing solved it. a good conclusion of that, to me chances are a bad check valve. have you been getting this work done under warranty? I had the same as you briefly a while back. it bugs me very much to have a braking issue like no power brakes on a newish vehicle...!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I will try to find that thread but I have trouble using the search engine here.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I highly doubt the pup is the issue unless you are getting water and dirt in it. As you say, you have a leak somewhere. You're going to have to rig up a fitting and apply positive air pressure to the system. Once you have positive pressure you can now leak test with soapy water. You see bubbles, that's where the leak is. I hate when techs play Mr. Goodwrench throwing parts at a problem hoping one will stick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree completely. The first time my pump was replaced, it defiantly was the issue. It along with a relay and fuse f64 were all replaced correcting an abs issue I was having. The problem occurred at 61500km and cost me $1400 as I was 1500km out of bumper-to-bumper. Ford also had my truck for 3 days. The most recent issue, the pump was replaced more so to write off some diagnostic time. Since the pump was under its 2 year warranty, ford saved me some money by calling the last pump faulty and replacing it although they agreed that it wouldn't solve the issue. Again my truck was at the dealership for 3 days and I could not afford to not have it any longer. I've never diagnosed a vacuum issue before. Does anyone have good schematics or tips in trouble shooting this? Where to start, how to test check valves... That sort of stuff? Much thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
fixed?

Did you ever find a fix. Your situation is the same as mine. 3 pumps later and I still have a leak. Instead of replacing the whole system did you find a single check valve or anything that leaked?

I have a 2012 fx4 and am experiencing a vacuum issue I can not solve. With 94000km on the truck, I am on vacuum pump number 3. Pump 1 was replaced a 60000, pump 2 replaced just recently with 93000km in an attempt to solve the issue I currently have. The issue I am having is the brake pedal often seems very very hard when braking. All new pads and rotors on the truck. The truck also does not hold vacuum for 2 hours. If the truck is shut off and left to sit for at least 2 hours, the brake pedal is hard as a rock when pressed before the truck is started again. All signs point to a vacuum leak somewhere but I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts