F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in desperate need from one of you ecoboost experts out there. I was replacing the orig on the vacuum pump on my 2013 3.5l ecoboost today and when I was aligning the pump to go back in the little brass rod on the front of the pump fell off and fell into the head through the hole on the backside of the head. My question is do I need to try and get this out of the head by pulling the valve cover? Or can I leave it in the head, I cant find a schematic of the head anywhere to know exactly what part of the head that piece could of ended up in. Any insight would be greatly appreciated I tried to pull the valve cover off today and it is a royal pain to get that thing off.

· Registered
6,060 Posts
I am trying to remember when I did mine, but dont have a picture. Idk how the rod fell off, I remember it being threaded or something.

You will need to pull the valve cover. Just order a new one and it comes with gaskets on it.

· Registered
3 Posts
I am trying to remember when I did mine, but dont have a picture. Idk how the rod fell off, I remember it being threaded or something.

You will need to pull the valve cover. Just order a new one and it comes with gaskets on it.
I pulled the valve cover and the oil pan trying to find the pin that fell in and can't find it. Any other suggestions on where to look for it?

· Premium Member
17 Lariat SCLB Max Tow 4x4
986 Posts
Borescope and start looking in stupid places. Little stuff likes to bounce and end up in weird places.

Reactions: stereotype one

· Registered
7 Posts
I am in desperate need from one of you ecoboost experts out there. I was replacing the orig on the vacuum pump on my 2013 3.5l ecoboost today and when I was aligning the pump to go back in the little brass rod on the front of the pump fell off and fell into the head through the hole on the backside of the head. My question is do I need to try and get this out of the head by pulling the valve cover? Or can I leave it in the head, I cant find a schematic of the head anywhere to know exactly what part of the head that piece could of ended up in. Any insight would be greatly appreciated I tried to pull the valve cover off today and it is a royal pain to get that thing off.
Ive done the same thing just now. What did you do?

· Moderstrator
2,436 Posts
@aagcevans - I’ve read through these threads you’re pulling up; they seem to imply that the OP’s left the brass tube or pin in the channel. Even the one who dropped to oil pan couldn’t get to it from the bottom. Unfortunately many of these are older posts; I hope one or two if these folks will see your questions and reply back.
Good luck.

· Registered
7 Posts
Please let me know what the outcome was. Im in same situation right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts