F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
So I dropped my truck off at the dealership last week to get the master cylinder recall done and I had noticed my RF axle seal leaking. Dealer found the vacuum pump was leaking oil as well. I have extended warranty, but they are saying the vacuum pump isn't covered and the stealership wants $750 to change it out?
It's a 2013 with the pump on the back side of the head.

Has anyone done this? Is it a driveway Saturday afternoon job, or can it not even be accessed without a ton of labor?

Before anything, I'd get a second opinion and if it's the pump i think you are talking about, I believe there was a recall on it.

Current: 2011 F150 Eco STX 3.5L 4x4 6'
Current Toy: 2016 Keystone Springdale Summerland 2980BHGS
Previous: 2003 F150 FX4 4x4 5.5'
Ecoboost Guides & Info:
- http://f150ecoboost.com
RV Keystone Springdale Summerland:
http://bit.ly/2ihPPHI
Travel Trailer & RV Fun Times:
http://bit.ly/2ihLzbf

There was a recall on the electrically driven metal vacuum pumps. Mine has plastic end plates and not on the recall. I spray a little silicon lube in the inlet every now and then. No noise.

He is talking about the cam driven mechanical pump... humm attached to the engine yet not covered under powertrain?

Reactions: aj.n.amber
Discussion starter · #7 ·
So according to my warranty company, I have warranty coverage on "parts listed". It does not state what is not covered, but only states what specific parts are covered. And since a mechanical brake vacuum pump is not standard issue on most vehicles.....it isn't listed as a covered part. Therefore, no warranty.

Assholes! I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle the little prick

That pump isn't the easiest thing in the world to change but isn't the worst. It's just a bit of a pain to get at. In reality it is three, 8mm bolts, a gasket and 2 8mm dabs of RTV. You should pay $750 bucks. Seems crazy to me. I'm curious if your leaking oil, how is your idle. Your valve cover is leaking if that gasket leaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2013 has a oil leak at the back of the engine driven vacuum pump. Bought a new pump but trying to figure out where they specify the dabs of RTV at?
Looks like it shouldn't be too hard to get to if you pull the tire and the fender liner.

So my vacuum pump just started slinging oil on my 2013 and I was wondering if you guys took this task on yourselves? The post from rbrown makes it look super easy and I do have mechanical ability. Just wondering if it's worth the time, cost, and headache? Thanks!

Jeremy

So my vacuum pump just started slinging oil on my 2013 and I was wondering if you guys took this task on yourselves? The post from rbrown makes it look super easy and I do have mechanical ability. Just wondering if it's worth the time, cost, and headache? Thanks!

Jeremy
Depends on your time and if you have two hours to tackle the job. It's as simple as it appears. If you run into a jam shoot me a message I can help walk you through it. ?

2013 Ecoboost, 6 cylinder. Same thing. I answered the recall for master cylinder. Ford replaced it and now brake warning comes on. Dealer says oil is leaking from crank into vacuum pump. Has anyone been able to replace seal or pump in driveway?

Exactly what I was looking for, this is great detail. New member with 2013 pretty much stock, noticed the leak now to figure out if I want to do it myself or get a couple quotes. Just so little room back there. Thanks and love this forum!!!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts